低价翻译
Thread poster: Denyce Seow
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Tingting, Nov 1, 2007

Tingting,

其实是我反应迟钝,一直以为他是因为在那么忙的情况下,后悔不该接受采访,还被问到了令人恼火的问题,所以说这种情况是“imbécile"。我女儿却比我头脑清醒,她说就是当面骂了Lesley,我才意识到问题的“严重性”。

前天三个客户给我电话催稿,挂电话后,我也说“Quelle imbécile",我指的是这种situation,这几天想类似表达时,就情不自禁要说:�
... See more
Tingting,

其实是我反应迟钝,一直以为他是因为在那么忙的情况下,后悔不该接受采访,还被问到了令人恼火的问题,所以说这种情况是“imbécile"。我女儿却比我头脑清醒,她说就是当面骂了Lesley,我才意识到问题的“严重性”。

前天三个客户给我电话催稿,挂电话后,我也说“Quelle imbécile",我指的是这种situation,这几天想类似表达时,就情不自禁要说:“Quelle imbécile“,然后和女儿爆笑一阵,拿我们总统的失误开开心,也挺有意思

Tingting Huang wrote:
Tingting Huang wrote:

Chance, 昨天晚上,在CBS的60 minutes 里看到节目记者 Lesley Stahl 采访法国总统。Sarko is very tempestuous. He called his press secretary imbecile right in front of the camera. Lesley asked him a question about his marriage, he said it was sth that he wouldn't talk about in such an interview. When Lesley pressed on, he stood up, patted her on the shoulder, thanked her for the interview and ended it there and walked away. Lesley was left there alone, a little surprised. Apparently she didn't expect that question would turn him away.

我觉得他挺有个性,在摄影机前很真实,没有刻意去讨好别人,或者刻意去树立一个良好形象。不过,昨晚看的时候是觉得很滑稽。他当时显然很生气,被问到那个问题时,如坐针毡,不过还好,没有一怒而去,过去拍拍Lesley的肩膀,才离开。

[Edited at 2007-11-01 17:21]
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:14
Chinese to English
+ ...
Quelle imbécile Nov 1, 2007

chance wrote:

Tingting,

前天三个客户给我电话催稿,挂电话后,我也说“Quelle imbécile",我指的是这种situation,这几天想类似表达时,就情不自禁要说:“Quelle imbécile“,然后和女儿爆笑一阵,拿我们总统的失误开开心,也挺有意思

That reminds me of that line in the movie "Home Alone". One of the siblings says to Kevin when he asks for help to pack his luggage, "You're what the French call 'Les incompetent'" ... Sometimes we use that line to joke around.

http://www.myblackfriendsays.com/2007/07/youre-what-french-call-les-incompetent.html

Kidding aside, I don't think Sarkozy called Lesley Stahl an imbecile, at least not to her face. Like you guys said, French men know how to treat the ladies.

[Edited at 2007-11-01 18:10]

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Steve, Nov 1, 2007

wherestip wrote:
That reminds me of that line in the movie "Home Alone". One of the siblings says to Kevin when he asks for help to pack his luggage, "You're what the French call 'Les incompetent'" ... Sometimes we use that line to joke around.

http://www.myblackfriendsays.com/2007/07/youre-what-french-call-les-incompetent.html

Interesting to know.

wherestip wrote:
Kidding aside, I don't think Sarkozy called Lesley Stahl an imbecile, at least not to her face.

At least, we are two

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:14
Chinese to English
+ ...
Fox anchors elated Nov 1, 2007

Tingting Huang wrote:

Biased report of world events is not uncommon even in the west. Media groups are often owned by powerful business people. Some don't interfere with the reporting, some do meddle in the daily reporting of events. As a result, a lot of media groups do have a bias either towards the left or the right. They might only focus on one side of the story, and be regarded as very biased to some viewers. But I wouldn't call their report fabricated. In order to know what is going on, I usually try several news sources. In the US, CNN is regarded as very liberal, and Fox News is very conservative. They both have a bias.

chance,

Remember what Tingting said about the political bias different media outlets typically have?

Watch how Fox News gossip columnists gloat over the incident of Sarkozy walking off the set of the 60-minutes interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD-_3H4q9hc

Actually, the publicity of this incident wouldn't have been so widespread had CBS themselves decided not to air it in the first place. I believe there's nothing for Lesley Stahl to be ashamed of. She acted totally professionally in my opinion. Her objectivity in her reporting of this story also speaks for itself.

I actually never heard of John Gibson. But take a look at this guy's record. It borders on what they call a "right-wing nut job"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gibson_(media_host)

[Edited at 2007-11-02 01:06]

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 09:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Not surprising Nov 2, 2007

wherestip wrote:

chance,

Remember what Tingting said about the political bias different media outlets typically have?

Watch how Fox News gossip columnists gloat over the incident of Sarkozy walking off the set of the 60-minutes interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD-_3H4q9hc

Actually, the publicity of this incident wouldn't have been so widespread had CBS themselves decided not to air it in the first place. I believe there's nothing for Lesley Stahl to be ashamed of. She acted totally professionally in my opinion. Her objectivity in her reporting of this story also speaks for itself.

I actually never heard of John Gibson. But take a look at this guy's record. It borders on what they call a "right-wing nut job"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gibson_(media_host)

They really hate Lesley. This type of TV shows is not supposed to be taken seriously . I would look at it as entertainment if I ever really watch it. Fair and balanced, right, they omit something, it should be fair and balanced between the right and far right.

[Edited at 2007-11-02 16:13]

[Edited at 2007-11-02 16:14]

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
不会吧 Nov 2, 2007

chance wrote:

Tingting,

你是开玩笑吧,我没觉得他是在说Lesley啊。

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Now we are THREE :D Nov 2, 2007

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

Tingting,

你是开玩笑吧,我没觉得他是在说Lesley啊。

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
是不是说说话习惯? Nov 2, 2007

chance wrote:

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

Tingting,

你是开玩笑吧,我没觉得他是在说Lesley啊。

Chance, 我离开法国太久了,已经忘了法国人的一些习惯了。法国人是不是挺爱说“imbécile",就像北京人爱说傻帽一样?

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
你这一问 Nov 2, 2007

我又和女儿探讨了一下,她也稍稍改变看法

Elle dit qu'on ne pense pas qu'il traite Lesley, mais il a quand même dit pour elle. Ma fille ne veut pas que j'utilise le mot " sur " à la place " pour ".

其它我就不瞎解释了,如果为此引起外交麻烦,我可不负责

去问问你的法语老师怎么说?

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

Tingting Huang wrote:

chance wrote:

Tingting,

你是开玩笑吧,我没觉得他是在说Lesley啊。

Chance, 我离开法国太久了,已经忘了法国人的一些习惯了。法国人是不是挺爱说“imbécile",就像北京人爱说傻帽一样?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

低价翻译

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »