Try Chinese in Unicode
Thread poster: chance (X)
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 23, 2003

Dear colleagues, 你们好 !你們好 !(both in Unicode)

I\'m trying SC and TC in Unicode. Normally it can be read without changing the encoding if you use Western European (Windows) or Central Europe (ISO)or any other encodings.

If not, let me know, please. Thanks !

If it works, it would be rather easier to show & read the responses in KudoZ.

<
... See more
Dear colleagues, 你们好 !你們好 !(both in Unicode)

I\'m trying SC and TC in Unicode. Normally it can be read without changing the encoding if you use Western European (Windows) or Central Europe (ISO)or any other encodings.

If it works, it would be rather easier to show & read the responses in KudoZ.

雄关漫道真如铁,而今迈步从头越.(Unicode, thus you can read it in any encoding)

It\'s not so hard to use Unicode, but a common effet by each of us is necessary and will be highly appreciated.

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-25 08:19]

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-25 14:40]

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-25 14:46]
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
In reply to your question: Mar 24, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-23 16:56, chance wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I\'m trying CHS and CHT in Unicode. Normally it can be read without changing the encoding if you use Western European (Windows) or Central Europe (ISO).

If it works, it would be rather easier to read the responses in KudoZ. ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-03-23 16:56, chance wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I\'m trying CHS and CHT in Unicode. Normally it can be read without changing the encoding if you use Western European (Windows) or Central Europe (ISO).

If it works, it would be rather easier to read the responses in KudoZ.

简体 : 你们好 !

繁體 : 你們好 !

[email protected]

Hi Chance,

Yes, I can read your Chinese characters (SC&TC) in the KudoZ section without difficulty.

Bonne chance!

BBW(Betty) ▲ Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and you can try Unicode too ! Mar 24, 2003

Bonjour Betty,

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see the same Unicode but we cann\'t read them proprely here.They have been re-encoded into GB2312 as in the mails of [KudoZ] Peer comments. Now, I\'m trying it again with BBcode disabled.I hope I can find the reason !

再试 Unicode here ! OK, this time I got it !

If you want to reply [KudoZ]in Unicode, you can do it easily.I don\'t have any
... See more
Bonjour Betty,

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see the same Unicode but we cann\'t read them proprely here.They have been re-encoded into GB2312 as in the mails of [KudoZ] Peer comments. Now, I\'m trying it again with BBcode disabled.I hope I can find the reason !

再试 Unicode here ! OK, this time I got it !

If you want to reply [KudoZ]in Unicode, you can do it easily.I don\'t have any software to typewrite Unicode. I use only ChineseStar to write them (SC&TC) in OutlookExpress. Don\'t change the encoding [ my default font is Central Europe (ISO)], neither save it, just copy it in the code source and paste it. Before doing so, you have to install universal characters in Office 2000. It\'s clearly explained in Office Help how to do it, if you type \"Unicode\"in the Help research.

I hope you\'ll try it if you have time and before it is too hot (I mean the weather) ! I \'ve read your messages written in the forum last summer.Do you remember ? In fact, it\'s true the higher temprature (about 40癈) can make trouble to the machine.

I hope everybody can use Unicode for the responses in [KudoZ]. La vie sera encore plus belle !

A bient魌 !

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-24 15:15]

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-24 15:17]

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-03-25 14:58]
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bonjour, Chance! Apr 18, 2003

Hi Chance,

Absolutely true, better solve the problem before you are too hot (\"popular\" I mean), or else you would have trouble resisting the temptation of good deals here

However, why not try the package solution? If you are running Windows XP on your computer, try to download \"Asian Language Support\" and MS Pinyin IME from Microsoft website: you might start from start-control panel to Regional and Lan
... See more
Hi Chance,

Absolutely true, better solve the problem before you are too hot (\"popular\" I mean), or else you would have trouble resisting the temptation of good deals here

However, why not try the package solution? If you are running Windows XP on your computer, try to download \"Asian Language Support\" and MS Pinyin IME from Microsoft website: you might start from start-control panel to Regional and Language Options where you can solve the problem by trial and error and more importantly, Once and for All! With Asian Language Support and Pinyin Input Method Editor, you have everything that you need to have and can\'t expect more because they don\'t have more yet!

Oui, L\'�t� dernier, il a fait tr�s chaud ici. Nous pensons qu\'il fera encore plus chaud cet �t�. � quoi ressemble la temp�rature dans ton pays (en France)?

En ce moment, je suis tr�s occup�e.

On se r��crit bient�t!

P.S.Joyeuses P�ques � tous!

Happy Easter to you all!

Betty

Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Betty ! Happy Easter to you too ! Apr 18, 2003

Bonjour Betty,

Yes,I am going to install Windows XP on my new computer next week. I hope the problem will be then solved. Which version do you have, Windows XP Home or Pro ?

As you can image, because my OS and keyboard are in French, I have more problems in using different software for the French/Chinese translation , as many other European colleagues.

We have surprising fine weather for April in France. It is shinning and about 22 �
... See more
Bonjour Betty,

Yes,I am going to install Windows XP on my new computer next week. I hope the problem will be then solved. Which version do you have, Windows XP Home or Pro ?

As you can image, because my OS and keyboard are in French, I have more problems in using different software for the French/Chinese translation , as many other European colleagues.

We have surprising fine weather for April in France. It is shinning and about 22 癈 in Paris. It is about 26癈 in the south of France and many are at the beach.

Happy Easter to you all !

Sorry for my Franglais. A bient魌.

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-04-22 12:55]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You know how to use a French keyboard for Chinese Pinyin input ? Apr 27, 2003

On 2003-04-18 02:29, BBW C.Tran,ATIO wrote:

Hi Chance,

However, why not try the package solution? If you are running Windows XP on your computer, try to download \"Asian Language Support\" and MS Pinyin IME from Microsoft website: you might start from start-control panel to Regional and Language Options where you can solve the problem by trial and error and more importantly, Once and for All! With Asian Language Support and Pinyin Input Method Editor, you have everything that you need to have and can\'t expect more because they don\'t have more yet!

Now, I have got Windows XP and Office XP, but I can not input pinyin correctly with French keyboard.

Do you know how to use a hard French keyboard not a soft keyboard for Chinese Pinyin input ?

A bient魌 !

[ This Message was edited by: chance on 2003-05-09 18:05]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi again, Chance! May 22, 2003

Chance, 你好!

是的,法语输入的确有点麻烦!我目前还是在用“土办法“: 在Word 文件中先点击“插入“,然后找到“符号“,接着查找“快捷键\", 并下功夫将那些与英语(或中文)键盘上对应的符号一一记下来(比如说,Ctrl+shift+e= é)。如此不断练习,方可熟能生巧。如果您是用法语键盘输入拼音,我想方法应该是相似的。

诸类文字的输入的确是个值得探讨的话题(实际上日文和德文的输入也时常令我头疼); 在此, 还请别的良师益友(译友)献计献策。

Betty

[ This Message was edited by: BBW C.Tran,ATIO on 2003-05-22 17:05]

Kvasir
Kvasir
Canada
Local time: 06:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
quick codes May 22, 2003

Not sure if you\'ve already know about the \"alt-numeric\" method, or if it works on a non-english keyboard: simply press \"alt\" while you type in 3/4-digit codes on the number pad, release and you\'ll get an accented letter. (make sure number lock is on)

do a search online will give you plenty of tables you can print out. Sooner or later you\'ll know them like the back of your hand.

ex: � - alt 0192

� - alt 147

hope it h
... See more
Not sure if you\'ve already know about the \"alt-numeric\" method, or if it works on a non-english keyboard: simply press \"alt\" while you type in 3/4-digit codes on the number pad, release and you\'ll get an accented letter. (make sure number lock is on)

do a search online will give you plenty of tables you can print out. Sooner or later you\'ll know them like the back of your hand.

ex: � - alt 0192

� - alt 147

hope it helps...

� bient�t,

-kvasir
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
"alt-numeric" method--- Jun 2, 2003

我刚试过"alt-numeric"输入法,效果很好。多谢!

Kvasir wrote:

Not sure if you've already know about the "alt-numeric" method, or if it works on a non-english keyboard: simply press "alt" while you type in 3/4-digit codes on the number pad, release and you'll get an accented letter. (make sure number lock is on)

do a search online will give you plenty of tables you can print out. Sooner or later you'll know them like the back of your hand.

ex: ?- alt 0192
?- alt 147

hope it helps...

?bient魌,

-kvasir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Try Chinese in Unicode

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »