Thread poster: Sherwin Zhou

Sherwin Zhou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 11, 2008

有个疑惑,看了“关于Kudoz”还是不太明白,请各位多指教:
1)如果我问了问题,并给最佳答案打了分,比如打了3分,是否意味着我自己的Kudoz分数就少了3分。即:给别人的分数是否从自己分数值中扣取?
2)我同意同仁的答案,是否需要从我browniz中扣除一分,送给我同意的同仁?
谢谢回复!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
这点我可以肯定。 Mar 11, 2008

据我所知,kudoz只增加不减少,无论你做什么,已有的kudoz分数不会减少。Browniz减少的情况可能是:你用它来当作货币支付,比如去查询outsourcer的信誉度。

[Edited at 2008-03-11 15:05]

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
KudoZ Mar 11, 2008

Sherwin,

I've wondered the same thing as you have in your 1st question. The answer I got a while back from Denyce is that awarding KudoZ points for suggestions does not affect one's BrowniZ points. My guess is it neither affects one's accumulative KudoZ points. It just doesn't make too much sense otherwise.

http://www.proz.com/post/445740#445740

As for your 2nd question, I believe it is just the opposite. A few BrowniZ points are awarded each time an agree, neutral, or disagree is made to a KudoZ suggestion. I think this encourages participation.

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Right! Mar 11, 2008

wherestip wrote:

As for your 2nd question, I believe it is just the opposite. A few BrowniZ points are awarded each time an agree, neutral, or disagree is made to a KudoZ suggestion. I think this encourages participation.

And you won't get fat with a due lot of BrowniZ per day.

Sherwin Zhou  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
谢谢 Mar 12, 2008

明白了。谢谢各位!

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
About Kudoz and Browniz Mar 12, 2008

Sherwin Zhou wrote:
1)如果我问了问题,并给最佳答案打了分,比如打了3分,是否意味着我自己的Kudoz分数就少了3分。即:给别人的分数是否从自己分数值中扣取?

No, the points will not be deducted from you. You can give 1, 2, 3 or 4 points to the answerer depending on how much his or her answer has helped you.

Sherwin Zhou wrote:
2)我同意同仁的答案,是否需要从我browniz中扣除一分,送给我同意的同仁?

No. In fact, you earn three Browniz for every peer grading given!

Browniz are useful. You can use them to pay for Proz membership. To see how you can accumulate Browniz, go to My ProZ.com --> My Browniz.

If you have more questions about Kudoz and Browniz, you can check out the FAQ (About ---> FAQ).

Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Browniz is useless from April 1? Mar 12, 2008

It's said the points cannot be used for quoting any more, forcing you to pay for membership.

It's weird that we in China can pay only RMB 360 for the platinum membership while there aren't any words about this type of membership...

lbone  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
何来此一说 Mar 13, 2008

Milton Guo wrote:

It's said the points cannot be used for quoting any more, forcing you to pay for membership.

It's weird that we in China can pay only RMB 360 for the platinum membership while there aren't any words about this type of membership...

真要有此一说,估计大批人马要改付RMB了。

lbone  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Browniz似乎没什么用 Jul 1, 2009

Denyce Seow wrote:

No. In fact, you earn three Browniz for every peer grading given!

Browniz are useful. You can use them to pay for Proz membership. To see how you can accumulate Browniz, go to My ProZ.com --> My Browniz.

If you have more questions about Kudoz and Browniz, you can check out the FAQ (About ---> FAQ).

最近Browniz总算赚足了4000多点,结果发现实在没什么用。

以前似乎听说可以用它付年费,现在的规则是原来付119刀的,可以改付109刀+4000 Browniz点。但实际上中国译员只要付人民币360元就够了。不知是不是最近改过规则,还是一直就这样。

除此以外,就找不到什么真正需要用它的地方了。

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
看Blueboard Jul 1, 2009

以前可以用来看Blueboard。现在不知道可不可以。

lbone wrote:

以前似乎听说可以用它付年费,现在的规则是原来付119刀的,可以改付109刀+4000 Browniz点。但实际上中国译员只要付人民币360元就够了。不知是不是最近改过规则,还是一直就这样。

除此以外,就找不到什么真正需要用它的地方了。

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
China
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
通货膨胀 Jul 1, 2009

lbone wrote:

除此以外,就找不到什么真正需要用它的地方了。

最早的时候4000点browniz可以抵60元,等我想用的时候只能抵50元了,如今只能抵10元。就是因为这browniz太好嫌了。不过以后可以用这browniz做为网站参与度,按这参与度来给用户一些优惠和权利(随便想想,没跟Proz说)。

chica nueva
Local time: 00:43
Chinese to English
Browniz can be donated ... Jul 1, 2009

@ lbone Browniz can be donated ...
http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/62690-qualifications_and_skills_of_moderator_and_users_in_chinese_forum-page13.html#488420
See also wherestip's link (above)... Chinoise and Denyce are/were the 'experts' on this (IMO) ...

@ Milton, haven't seen you here for a long time. I'm interested, what did you mean, 'no mention of Platinum Membership' ? Is it something to do with ProZ site localisation into Chinese ... or something else... ?

[Edited at 2009-07-01 23:29 GMT]

Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
How can you use Browniz? Jul 2, 2009

If a member's browniz total rises to 4000, that member is entitled to a discount on a future purchase of ProZ.com membership. New professional memberships can be purchased for 115 dollars/99 euros + 4000 browniz; professional membership renewals are available for 109 dollars/94 euros + 4000 browniz.

Browniz points can also be used to pay for access to entries on the outsourcer Blue Board, directory text ads, for quoting on jobs, and more in the future.

Browniz also contribute to a member's standing in the directory--if two members have the same number of KudoZ points, the one with more browniz is shown first.

http://www.proz.com/faq/community/browniz_points.html#how_can_i_use_browniz_

lbone  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
对我都没用 Jul 2, 2009

Denyce Seow wrote:

If a member's browniz total rises to 4000, that member is entitled to a discount on a future purchase of ProZ.com membership. New professional memberships can be purchased for 115 dollars/99 euros + 4000 browniz; professional membership renewals are available for 109 dollars/94 euros + 4000 browniz.

Browniz points can also be used to pay for access to entries on the outsourcer Blue Board, directory text ads, for quoting on jobs, and more in the future.

Browniz also contribute to a member's standing in the directory--if two members have the same number of KudoZ points, the one with more browniz is shown first.

http://www.proz.com/faq/community/browniz_points.html#how_can_i_use_browniz_

这条我看过了。对我都没用。

$109总比¥360多多了。
第二条对不是platinum会员的是有点用,不过我已经是会员了,是不是会员的差别也不在全在这两条上。
第三条其实没用,大家都知道。

James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
我对Kudoz没有发言权 Jul 9, 2009

整个Proz.com的功能很强大,操作也非常方便。但不知为何,从半年前开始,我几乎没机会打开与Kudoz活动有关的网页。经与coordinators联系尝试各种方式解决后,最后的得到一个无奈的答案:可能是中国官方采取一定的措施屏蔽了这边的通路。其奈之何?!

每当看到大家对Kudoz活动的热情如此高,我只能当观众,对Kudoz没有发言权:)

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

关于Kudoz 和 browniz的分数

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs