Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >
Off topic: "样板戏”入教材,是谁之忧?
Thread poster: Ming Fu, Qi
chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Leysley, Mar 22, 2008

我发现你也很有幽默感

lai an wrote:
wherestip wrote:
lai an wrote:

A parental tone might be appropriate I thought, given Zhang Qingli's reported words:"党像西藏人民的父母.党中央是藏人真正的菩萨"

Lesley,

There's definitely a cultural difference. Take this sentence you just cited for example, what may sound perfectly cordial and friendly in one langugage may sound patronizing and politically incorrect in another, especially if not handled with care.

[Edited at 2008-03-21 14:40]

Steve

This is how it was reported in English in the International Herald Tribune. It was reportedly also in the New York Times.

"The Communist Party is like the parent to the Tibetan people, and it is always considerate about what the children need," Zhang said last year. He later added: "The Central Party Committee is the real Buddha for Tibetans."

The IHC considered it 'paternal'. I cannot verify that Zhang Qingli actually said this, but I guess it's possible.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
我没什么好生气的 Mar 22, 2008

我没什么好生气的。我刚才有事出去,才回来,并非是在家生闷气。在家生闷气,那不符合我的性格。事实证明,我说的那句话没错。这里最令人感兴趣的话题就是政治与价格。而真正讨论翻译问题时,却往往讨论不起来。
chance wrote:

你还在生气呢?

跟你说件事,我这两天想起来你说过的话就觉得好笑,告诉你,希望你也会觉得好笑。

记得前不久你说过:你们看吧,越是敏感的话题,越是不让谈,就越是有人要谈。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
我也没什么好紧张的 Mar 22, 2008

Chance,

我没什么好紧张的。当初那位口口声声称你为大姐的,指名道姓地污蔑我是“民运出身、反党反国”时,我都没紧张。你给我戴这么高的帽子,我怎么会紧张呢?我只是觉得,有不同意见是正常现象,没必要非要别人服从你的意见。你自己想一想,你是不是对持不同意见的人扣过帽子,施加过压力?

ProZ.com不让谈政治,但以往谈政治时,只要不太过分�
... See more
Chance,

我没什么好紧张的。当初那位口口声声称你为大姐的,指名道姓地污蔑我是“民运出身、反党反国”时,我都没紧张。你给我戴这么高的帽子,我怎么会紧张呢?我只是觉得,有不同意见是正常现象,没必要非要别人服从你的意见。你自己想一想,你是不是对持不同意见的人扣过帽子,施加过压力?

ProZ.com不让谈政治,但以往谈政治时,只要不太过分,Kevin还是比较宽容的。关于西藏问题、台湾问题,你表明了你的立场就可以了,不一定非得等别人都接受你的意见才拉倒。要相信大家都有自己的判断能力。大家都不是小孩子了,也不是那么容易就被谁洗脑。

另外,对事情作判断要以事实为依据。不能因为中国共产党和政府犯过错误,就认为这次肯定就是共产党和政府的错误。那些藏民闹事的实质就是要搞西藏独立。他们就是企图通过闹事来引起西方国家的关注,赢得西方国家的支持。虽然李斌说的CIA对藏独的支持已经结束,但藏独在海外的势力还是很强的。他们不会善罢甘休。在美国的那些藏独分子主要是当初随达赖出逃的那些追随者的后裔,而不是西藏农奴的后裔。你说你与他们交谈过,他们的想法未必能代表西藏绝大多数的藏民。你再三强调那些闹事藏民的生命是宝贵的,但不知你有没有想过,那些被暴徒杀死烧死的无辜百姓(其中包括藏民),他们的生命也是宝贵的。对于那些暴徒,就得将他们绳之以法。这次如果不对那些暴徒采取断然措施,那么其它地方也会闹起来。疆独分子、东突厥分子也会蠢蠢欲动。

chance wrote:

这类玩笑我今天贴了好几贴,没人有这么紧张的反应,再说那是你自己先说的。

Yueyin Sun wrote:

难道这是尊重言论自由的做法吗?
chance wrote:

我正在想老孙怎么发言都是我在国内听惯了的宣传?

正想问您是否中共中央派来的代表,藏民的救命恩人
Yueyin Sun wrote:

中共领导人早就表过态,除了西藏独立、台湾独立,什么都可以谈。

顺便要声明一下,我只是客观报道一个事实,没有奢望充当中共中央的喉舌。:D

]

[Edited at 2008-03-23 14:50]
Collapse

Renquan Yang
Renquan Yang  Identity Verified
China
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
:) Mar 22, 2008

Yueyin Sun,对于chance的习惯,想必你不会感到shock,因为我这样的农民都已经日渐习惯其习惯了。Mr./Miss. chance生活在自由国度日久,已经深得“自由精神”之真谛,因此自由地给发表自己的言论,自由地要求他人听从他的自由之声,自由地批发帽子,自由地给与之意见相左的人贴标签,都习惯成自然了。

藏独闹得最凶的人,其实就是那些盼望恢复以前其贵族统治的那�
... See more
Yueyin Sun,对于chance的习惯,想必你不会感到shock,因为我这样的农民都已经日渐习惯其习惯了。Mr./Miss. chance生活在自由国度日久,已经深得“自由精神”之真谛,因此自由地给发表自己的言论,自由地要求他人听从他的自由之声,自由地批发帽子,自由地给与之意见相左的人贴标签,都习惯成自然了。

藏独闹得最凶的人,其实就是那些盼望恢复以前其贵族统治的那些人或其后裔以及其利益相关人,而大部分普通藏族老百姓,农奴的后代们觉得现在的体系就不错,为何还要独立回去?
不过那些闹独立的人即没有太骨气,也没种,有本事到西藏本土与当地老百姓打成一片,与他们朝思暮想的普通藏族老百姓血肉同根,这样才能名正言顺地作为广大藏族民众的利益化身,领导藏族民众亲手“解放自己”啊,可惜目前为止只见到他们象蛇一样盘踞在见不得阳光大地方时不时突放冷箭,弄一些炮灰为其“cause”卖命,也足见其内心之怯懦,胸襟之狭小,自然也就做不成“cause”了。当然,政府也不是傻瓜,自然对这些人会“热情相待”,这好像也是每个政府都会做的事情。

另外,通过这次事件,又一次领教了西方主流媒体的“新闻自由”,莫非“新闻自由”的核心和要义就是按照自己的主观意图随意解释同一个事件?说是黑的,就是黑的,说是白的就是白的,然后周围人一致认为既不是黑,也不是白,而是灰色的,他就出来声明“我不知道自己不知道,只知道报道自己脑子知道的东西”。西方对此次事件的“新闻自由”诠释的确让给国内的新闻同行们上了很好一课。
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
CNN Mar 22, 2008

Of course we are all free to form our own opinions of the Western press too. But I for one encourage being objective while forming those opinions.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/15/tibet.unrest/index.html?eref=edition

For the CNN report that is being criticized, the captions under the photos that allegedly have been cropped read:

1. Tibetans throw stones at army vehicles as a car burns on a street in the capital of Lhasa.

2. Police are reported to have broken up protests in Lhasa, where death toll claims vary widely.

And who knows if the photos have been cropped or not. They could very well have been taken by two different cameras for all we know.

I'm curious as to what was said in the CNN report dated 3/17/2008 that was not true? I would like to learn my lesson and watch out for future propaganda also.

[Edited at 2008-03-23 00:32]

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 03:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
CNN Mar 23, 2008

wherestip wrote:

Of course we are all free to form our own opinions of the Western press too. But I for one encourage being objective while forming those opinions.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/15/tibet.unrest/index.html?eref=edition

For the CNN report that is being criticized, the captions under the photos that allegedly have been cropped read:

1. Tibetans throw stones at army vehicles as a car burns on a street in the capital of Lhasa.

2. Police are reported to have broken up protests in Lhasa, where death toll claims vary widely.

And who knows if the photos have been cropped or not. They could very well been taken by two different cameras for all we know.

I'm curious as to what is said in the CNN report dated 3/17/2008 that is not true? I would like to learn my lesson and watch out for future propaganda also.

[Edited at 2008-03-23 00:04]

I also find that report by CNN quite balanced. This is not to say they don't make mistakes. When the presidential campaign was still in the early stage, they misspelled Obama's name as Osama. But they quickly apologized. At least they are trying to be objective. The blackout imposed by the Chinese government is ill conceived.

To Steve, can you check this youtube for me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5SEPvRUtI I showed it to my husband and he said it was not a big deal. What made me feel uncomfortable is while CNN was reporting on the riot in gansu province saying this came up from days of riots and the pictures were instead protests in other countries, but the report didn't mention those protests and beating of people were in other countries. I thought it was confusing. Can you check it out? Maybe I am too sensitive here.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Journalism Mar 23, 2008

isahuang wrote:

I also find that report by CNN quite balanced. This is not to say they don't make mistakes. When the presidential campaign was still in the early stage, they misspelled Obama's name as Osama. But they quickly apologized. At least they are trying to be objective. The blackout imposed by the Chinese government is ill conceived.

To Steve, can you check this youtube for me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5SEPvRUtI I showed it to my husband and he said it was not a big deal. What made me feel uncomfortable is while CNN was reporting on the riot in gansu province saying this came up from days of riots and the pictures were instead protests in other countries, but the report didn't mention those protests and beating of people were in other countries. I thought it was confusing. Can you check it out? Maybe I am too sensitive here.

Osama, Obama, what's the difference, eh? Some conspiracy theorists would say they were trying to send a subliminal message

I agree with you, that was not footage I would have run with that script. If you don't have the footage, just leave it out.

On the other hand, those policemen were obviously not ethnic Chinese ... I don't know.

[Edited at 2008-03-23 00:55]

isahuang
isahuang
Local time: 03:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
thanks, steve, Mar 23, 2008

wherestip wrote:

isahuang wrote:

Osama, Obama, what's the difference, eh? Some conspiracy theorists would say they were trying to send a subliminal message

I agree with you, that was not footage I would run with that script. If you don't have the footage, just leave it out.

On the other hand, those police were obviously not ethnic Chinese ... I don't know.

Obama's campaign was very unhappy at that time, they believed it was done on purpose given that s and b are quite far away from each other on the keyboard.

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
你误解了我的意思 Mar 23, 2008

文哲,你误解了我的意思,这段说是我在和一个网友辩论的时候批评对方的一句话,是针对一个个人说的,并不是向你这里引用的意思,说我认为生活在专制制度下的人习惯了专制制度,给他们自由反而受用不了。我上面一段把自己的观点已经说得很清楚,你没有仔细看吧?

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

chance wrote:

高兴吧!你们被解放的日子也不远了!

要任人宰割,那一点也不干我的事,因为我和马英九一样具有外国的居民权。西方世界对待台湾不公平,但是我们之中有办法的人还是有权利享受西方世界的自由民主。别人嘛,自求多福了。我实在非常非常不愿意学着别人说,“习惯于牢狱生活的人,出了牢狱反而无法适应自由。”

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
那些警察是印度警察 Mar 23, 2008

wherestip wrote:

On the other hand, those policemen were obviously not ethnic Chinese ... I don't know.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
难说 Mar 23, 2008

Tingting,

Some people are so incompetent in their jobs, it wouldn't surprise me of what absurdities could happen sometimes.

Remember the incident of the solemn announcement of "The National Anthem of the Republic of China" at the White House welcome ceremony for Hu Jintao?

And then there's the accidental NATO bombing of the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, all because of an outdated map provided by the CIA?
... See more
Tingting,

Some people are so incompetent in their jobs, it wouldn't surprise me of what absurdities could happen sometimes.

Remember the incident of the solemn announcement of "The National Anthem of the Republic of China" at the White House welcome ceremony for Hu Jintao?

And then there's the accidental NATO bombing of the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, all because of an outdated map provided by the CIA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_the_Chinese_embassy_in_Belgrade

It wouldn't surprise me if some of those reporters didn't even know what they had there in the footage. Nepalese, Chinese, what's the difference - just like Osama, Obama.

[Edited at 2008-03-23 02:20]
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
东突厥 Mar 23, 2008

Yueyin Sun wrote:

那些警察是印度警察

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin,

Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani ... they all look the same to me.

BTW, I was looking up 东突厥, and found these two links that I thought were pretty interesting.

http://www.chinage.net/Art/2006/11/20/Article_200611207042_1.htm

http://www.360doc.com/showWeb/0/0/125005.aspx

[Edited at 2008-03-23 01:36]

Jason Ma
Jason Ma  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:05
English to Chinese
+ ...
A Catch 22 on the Roof of the World: An in-depth analysis by 徐明旭 Mar 23, 2008

The data listed in his article are yet to be varified. The article was written several years ago, but IMHO, it still casts new light on recent contraversial issues.

http://club2.cat898.com/newbbs/printpage.asp?BoardID=1&ID=854119

[Edited at 2008-03-23 01:59]

[Edited at 2008-03-23 01:59]

[Edited at 2008-03-23 02:01]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
东突厥斯坦独立运动是恐怖主义组织 Mar 23, 2008

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin,

Indian, Nepalese, Pakistani ... they all look the same to me.

BTW, I was looking up 东突厥, and found these two links that I thought were pretty interesting.

http://www.chinage.net/Art/2006/11/20/Article_200611207042_1.htm

http://www.360doc.com/showWeb/0/0/125005.aspx

[Edited at 2008-03-23 01:36]

Steve,

此链接介绍了东突厥斯坦独立运动 - the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM)
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/东突

该组织被中国、美国以及联合国列为恐怖主义组织。
http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2002/September/[email protected]

traiston
traiston  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:05
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
我的观点 Mar 23, 2008

在国家还没有消失,地球大同未实现之前。一个强大的统一的中国对人民最有利。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"样板戏”入教材,是谁之忧?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »