Mobile menu

Certified Translation for Myself
Thread poster: CroAnglo

United States
Local time: 22:02
English to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2007

What should I do with a couple of documents I need to have translated (Croatian into English) for my own purposes and public notary certified? I could translate documents myself but cannot find a public notary for Croatian in NYC, except with the translation agencies who charge $70 USD per document (1 page)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
German to Croatian
+ ...
What do you need - a public notary or a certified translator? Apr 12, 2007

I am not sure what you actually need...a public notary or a certified/sworn translator? Both professions have completely different functions. From what you said I assume that you need a certified/sworn translator... I do not know why you would need a public notary...they do not check the translations, they only certify copies of the document and signatures (they also have other functions).

You can order certifications from Croatia as well...I myself and many other colleagues do this so you can contact anybody who is doing this through proz.

I hope this helps you...

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Local time: 04:02
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Favor... Apr 12, 2007

Or.. just kindly ask a colleague to do you a favor...

BTW how much do you charge for your translations?

[Edited at 2007-04-12 09:28]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Certified Translation for Myself

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs