Thread poster: Eugenia Tumanova
Eugenia Tumanova
Eugenia Tumanova  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2006

Hello there!

I am having problems with a newly installed version of Deja Vu X Standard. Here's hoping that someone else here has experienced the same.

The Status Bar is empty except for "OVR". That means I am missing the AAs, ASr, APr, ASd buttons. In addition, Tools->Options->Environment has only three total checkboxes (Edit in separate text area, Split text area vertically, Lock vertical scrolling) instead of what I expected to see.

Lastly, the Autosearch
... See more
Hello there!

I am having problems with a newly installed version of Deja Vu X Standard. Here's hoping that someone else here has experienced the same.

The Status Bar is empty except for "OVR". That means I am missing the AAs, ASr, APr, ASd buttons. In addition, Tools->Options->Environment has only three total checkboxes (Edit in separate text area, Split text area vertically, Lock vertical scrolling) instead of what I expected to see.

Lastly, the Autosearch options are completely inactive under the "Insert" menu and the Autosearch window on the right-hand side is missing (I see no way to activate it; expected this option to be in the "Environment" tab.)

I feel like the installation was missing some component. If someone could advise me on how to troubleshoot this problem, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you,

Eugenia
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
English to German
Functions missing in DVX Standard Jan 15, 2006

Hi Eugenia,

I'm afraid the functions you are missing are not included in DVX Standard -- take a look at the comparison table below, with particular attention to the differences between the Standard and the Pro edition:

http://www.atril.com/featurecomparison.asp

Endre

Eugenia Tumanova
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 15, 2006

Endre,

Thank you for pointing this out. I guess they recycled the screenshots from the Pro edition in the Getting Started Guide for Standard. In any case, I now remember that this was one of the features that was not in Standard, but I didn't make the connection when I didn't see the buttons on my own screen.

Thank you for the prompt response,

Eugenia

Endre Both wrote:

Hi Eugenia,

I'm afraid the functions you are missing are not included in DVX Standard -- take a look at the comparison table below, with particular attention to the differences between the Standard and the Pro edition:

http://www.atril.com/featurecomparison.asp

Endre

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
German to English
+ ...
Have you "used up" the 30 day demo period? Jan 15, 2006

If not, you could write to [email protected] and ask them for a temporary code for the demo period. In this time, you can then use all the features of DVX Professional and decide if it is worth shelling out the extra cash for.

I still don't understand why Atril sells the DVX Standard version at all. It misses out all the good bits of the program, and I'm sure it doesn't help them in the market.

Eugenia Tumanova
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
waiting for fatter days =) Jan 15, 2006

Victor,

Yes I did do the trial period, but the kind of projects I used to "test drive" the software somehow didn't bring up this issue. With the one I'm working on now, AutoSearch would certainly make life easier.

I'll just have to wait for fatter days to upgrade. It'll make me appreciate those "professional" features that much more. =)

Eugenia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu X Standard: Status Bar & AutoSearch problems

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »