Help about Deja vu
Thread poster: thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
Local time: 07:00
English to Vietnamese
Sep 29, 2008

Hi
I studying how to use Deja Vu. I finish reading the instruction but do not get the sample fle to practise. If you have some sample(which from project you have finished) plesase send me source is English and Target is any language.

[Edited at 2008-09-29 08:47]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Any file will do Sep 29, 2008

Hi there!

When I made myself familiar with Deja Vu, I did not really need a sample file with source and target text. Maybe just try to create a project and import one of your own files into it. Any file that contains some text (e.g. a Word doc) will do. If it does not work, just try us again, we will get you going.

Best,
Wolfgang

thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
Local time: 07:00
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
Deja Vu editor Sep 30, 2008

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

Hi there!

When I made myself familiar with Deja Vu, I did not really need a sample file with source and target text. Maybe just try to create a project and import one of your own files into it. Any file that contains some text (e.g. a Word doc) will do. If it does not work, just try us again, we will get you going.

Best,
Wolfgang

Hi
Can you help me by show me how to create the project file because I'm working with Deja Vu editor it juse use file an actual project file (extension: .dvprj), a satellite file (extension: .dvsat), or a Pack & Go package (extension: .dvpng). Thanks

[Edited at 2008-09-30 08:22]

[Edited at 2008-09-30 08:42]

Virginia Navascues
Virginia Navascues  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
cannot import Trados WB term memory into DVX trial version Oct 3, 2008

Hi:

I'm trying to follow the tutorial, but the Wizard that appears when I try to import my Trados TM memory into DVX is not the same Wizard that appears in the tutorial. After specifying it should import my Trados TM memory, it asks me to "select Language Conversion from the lists below", but there are no lists, so I just pressed "next" and it ends saying it has successfully imported 0 files.

Maybe I got the wrong tutorial, I chose Standard as there was none for the tr
... See more
Hi:

I'm trying to follow the tutorial, but the Wizard that appears when I try to import my Trados TM memory into DVX is not the same Wizard that appears in the tutorial. After specifying it should import my Trados TM memory, it asks me to "select Language Conversion from the lists below", but there are no lists, so I just pressed "next" and it ends saying it has successfully imported 0 files.

Maybe I got the wrong tutorial, I chose Standard as there was none for the trial version. I'm very new to CAT tools, have just barely managed to use Trados in a fairly "primitive" way (very basic). Guess I'm not the only one.

Obviously, if I cannot import all the stuff I have stored in my Trados TM and Multiterm memories, I will never be able to try out this other CAt, which various people have recommended as being more specific to the kind of translating I do (Word texts, with similar terms frequently used, but not many whole sentences that are similar enough for Trados to offer me the translalion, usually not even a fuzzy match).
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:00
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Have you activated your trial version? Oct 3, 2008

Hi Virginia,

If you haven't activated the trial version (received a 30-day code from Atril), you won't be able to use all the functions available in the software, particularly any memory building functions.

Yolanda

Virginia Navascues wrote:

Hi:

Maybe I got the wrong tutorial, I chose Standard as there was none for the trial version. I'm very new to CAT tools, have just barely managed to use Trados in a fairly "primitive" way (very basic). Guess I'm not the only one.

Obviously, if I cannot import all the stuff I have stored in my Trados TM and Multiterm memories, I will never be able to try out this other CAt, which various people have recommended as being more specific to the kind of translating I do (Word texts, with similar terms frequently used, but not many whole sentences that are similar enough for Trados to offer me the translalion, usually not even a fuzzy match).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help about Deja vu

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »