https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/22053-how_to_extract_tm_tmx_or_txt_format_from_deja_vu_tm.html

how to extract TM (TMX or TXT format) from Deja vu TM
Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2004

Hi folks,

I have DV 3.0.22. I just did a Es>En translation, with the segments going into my general Es>En TM.

Now is there a way I can extract from my Es>En TM only those segments that relate to my recent project? How do I do that in database management?

TIA,
Marcus

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 05:38
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Solution Jun 16, 2004

Open Database Management (pink book icon).
You can only extract the segments for your recent ptoject if you specified a unique subject/client combination for it.
In DVI, go to the Options menu, check the Clients tab for the client you specified for the project. Write down its ID number. Do the same for the subject.
If you do not remember what client and subject you specified, you can check it at DVI: Tools - Configure curent project.

Once you have the client and su
... See more
Open Database Management (pink book icon).
You can only extract the segments for your recent ptoject if you specified a unique subject/client combination for it.
In DVI, go to the Options menu, check the Clients tab for the client you specified for the project. Write down its ID number. Do the same for the subject.
If you do not remember what client and subject you specified, you can check it at DVI: Tools - Configure curent project.

Once you have the client and subject code, go back to DB Management and open your general TM.
Under the File menu, select Export. You have to create an export filter using the client and subject codes. There are logical operators. You will have to select "equal", enter the subject code, then "AND", then "equal" again, then enter the client code.
"Apply"
When you return to the main export window, specify an export file. Now you have to cary out the filtering process.

In the top left corner you can specify the type of output. If you are going to use the exported TM in Trados, you will have specify Workbench, otherwise you may specify TMX, for example.
If you export to TRados, make sure the file has an extension ".txt"
When you are ready will all settings, press Export in the bottom. If everything is OK, you should be able to see the number of pairs being exported.
Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
worked perfectly Jun 16, 2004

Thanks a lot, Czaba. You were a great help. I exported it to TMX, txt and Trados formats. All worked. Such a superior tool, DV.

Marcus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to extract TM (TMX or TXT format) from Deja vu TM

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »