Thread poster: Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:35
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2004

I have an assignment to finish and a big problem (Murphy's around...).
When exporting a file from Deja Vu I receive no warning messages, but when I open it with Word, I can see only some of the translation - there are 84 pages in the original file (27 of the text only) and after exporting there are only 10 (5 of the text only)! What's more, when I look at the file size, it is much bigger (227 KB) than a file containing 78 pages (157 KB) (also after exporting).
Could someone help me,
... See more
I have an assignment to finish and a big problem (Murphy's around...).
When exporting a file from Deja Vu I receive no warning messages, but when I open it with Word, I can see only some of the translation - there are 84 pages in the original file (27 of the text only) and after exporting there are only 10 (5 of the text only)! What's more, when I look at the file size, it is much bigger (227 KB) than a file containing 78 pages (157 KB) (also after exporting).
Could someone help me, please. It is an emergency for me.

Software details:
DejaVu X Professional 7.0.215
Windows XP Pro
MS Office Pro 2003

Thank you in advance.

Stake
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:35
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Build 7.0.238 Jun 21, 2004

Hi,

I have stopped having troubles with DVX after installing the latest build, i.e. 7.0.238.

I'd try first this update.

I have read that when using different encodings (source vs target) there might be some display problems, but to be honest I haven't followed the discussion, as it wasn't relevant for my pairs.

Have you asked on dejavu-l?
<
... See more
Hi,

I have stopped having troubles with DVX after installing the latest build, i.e. 7.0.238.

I'd try first this update.

I have read that when using different encodings (source vs target) there might be some display problems, but to be honest I haven't followed the discussion, as it wasn't relevant for my pairs.

Have you asked on dejavu-l?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

If not, I'd suggest you to do so.

Best,

Giuliana
Collapse

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Wrong code order Jun 21, 2004

Whenever I ran into this type of problems, it was due to wrong code order (i.e. Frank has to {135}go{134} to bed now).

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:35
English to German
+ ...
Changed source document? Jun 21, 2004

I remember a similar trouble when I unintentionally changed the source document which was needed in original form at the time of export.

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 29, 2004

Thank you all for your support and I'm sorry for such a long silence, but quite unexpectedly I was cut off the Internet
I tried many tricks to solve the problem, including every hint you suggested, but it just wouldn't work. The problem was probably somewhere in the Word file (I think). I had to copy every single segment from Deja Vu to Word one by one - quite time consuming, but effective.

Regards,
Stake

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DejaVu X Professional - Export problem

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »