Mobile menu

Trados & DV X on the same machine - any problems?
Thread poster: Jason Willis-Lee

Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 20, 2005

This isn't a problem just a quick question: Does anyone know if it is possible to have both TRADOS and DEJAVU X installed on the same pc. Is this compatible or are their problems with shared files since they are competitive products.

Reason for asking: I´m a seasoned DVI user but a possible new client insists on their suppliers having trados hence the question of installing both products at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any responses on this.

Best regards.
Jason

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-20 14:01]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:07
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
No problems Jan 20, 2005

Jason Willis-Lee wrote:
This isn't a problem just a quick question: Does anyone know if it is possible to have both TRADOS and DEJAVU X installed on the same pc. Is this compatible or are their problems with shared files since they are competitive products.

Dear Jason,

No problems at all. DVX uses its own editor and its special file formats, so there possibly cannot be any conflicts between Trados and DVX. At least, I've never noticed any. Another problem is converting TMs, etc. between Trados and DVX, but this is also possible thanks to DVX export features.

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
No problem whatsoever Jan 20, 2005

Trados and DVX can live on the same machine without any problems. Trados is collecting dust on my computer, though

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
No probs Jan 20, 2005

Hi Jason,

Just to confirm what Kirill says.

I have used Trados (from WB2 on) and DejVu (old and X flavours) on the same computers for years. Currently, I have DVX 7.0.273 (dongle-protected) and WB 6.5.5.439 (with softkey) on both my desktop and my laptop.

I have never had any interference-related problems.

Cheers,

Giles

Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 11:07
German to English
Both dongles can be plugged in, as well Jan 20, 2005

I've run both programs for years and have left the dongles plugged into the same external hub. No problems.

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
No problems Jan 20, 2005

You can even run them simultaneously, any versions.

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:07
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
DVX! Jan 20, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
Trados and DVX can live on the same machine without any problems. Trados is collecting dust on my computer, though

Right, Klaus! After DVX, Trados gives me creeps. *shiver*

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados & DV X on the same machine - any problems?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs