Mobile menu

Deja Vu Problem: Translation completed, but only 1/2 project is exported
Thread poster: Jo-Hanna Goettsche

Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
English to Spanish
Mar 5, 2005

So, yesterday, I finished a translation project in Deja Vu (Standard): a 65-page document. I export, and.. the result is a 23-page document. I tried the same thing several times with the same results. What the heck?

Has that happened to anyone? Any idea how to prevent it?

Thanks. Tomorrow I am going back to work, see if I can salvage something.

Direct link Reply with quote

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:39
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Check for wrong codes Mar 5, 2005

Jo-Hanna Goettsche wrote:
What the heck?

Typically, this happens with Word files if codes are in the wrong order. Use Translation->Check Embedded Codes to search and correct wrong codes. If you find anything like This is {123}a wrong{122} code order change it to This is {122}a wrong{123} code order.

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:39
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Have you compared the initial file with the output? Mar 5, 2005

What was the format of the file you were working with? I think Klaus' suggestion is very probable: just check for the embedded codes. If these were Word files, compare it and find the point where `the glitch' starts, first of all.

Kathinka van de Griendt  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:39
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Images/Graphics Mar 5, 2005

Sometimes Deja Vu can't handle detailed graphics in Word. If you delete them in the original document and then re-import them once you've finished translating, export should work well. It's happened to me a couple of times. Good luck

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:39
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Images Mar 5, 2005

Kathinka Lavelle wrote:
Sometimes Deja Vu can't handle detailed graphics in Word.

Very true, I faced the problem once. I had to delete an image from the source file, and then, after finishing my translation, to insert it manually.

Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for all your suggestions... Mar 6, 2005

Thanks to those of you for your suggestions. I checked the embedded codes and fixed where necessary, and lo and behold, after exporting (and renaming the file, go figure), I end up with a proper document of 69 pages! Yay!

Of course, I am going over the document with a fine-toothed comb, to verify it looks the way it is supposed to. But I am very very very happy now

[Edited at 2005-03-06 21:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu Problem: Translation completed, but only 1/2 project is exported

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs