Thread poster: Kirill Semenov

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:57
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2005

I have several .pps files (which I simply renamed into .ppt before importing as a DVX project). The files which are less 1 Mb are imported OK, but there are some files with their sizes 2-5 Mb -- and DVX cannot import them. I think the problem is that DVX has not enough memory for the process. I tried to turn off all other applications but it still does not help.

Is there a way to make the initial .pps files smaller in size somehow? In fact, the text which they contain is really short (no more than 1000 words in a 5 Mb PowerPoint file, I suppose).

Or maybe there is yet another possible way to solve the problem? Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Hesselnberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
French to German
+ ...
I never heard about that Apr 27, 2005

I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

HTH

Michael

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:57
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A partial solution Apr 27, 2005

Thank you, Michael!

I found a partial solution: to break the source files into separate files. First I had thought my computer has not enough memory for DVX to import large files (I have 256 RAM and run under Windows XP), but for a while I see that I have problems with even relatively small files (like 250 Kb or so, after I broke th initial files into separate slides). So, the question still needs a research -- thank you very much for the link!

Michael Hesselnberg wrote:
I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

[Edited at 2005-04-28 10:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX: Importing PowerPoint files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs