https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/31715-dvx%3A_importing_powerpoint_files.html

DVX: Importing PowerPoint files
Thread poster: Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:30
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2005

I have several .pps files (which I simply renamed into .ppt before importing as a DVX project). The files which are less 1 Mb are imported OK, but there are some files with their sizes 2-5 Mb -- and DVX cannot import them. I think the problem is that DVX has not enough memory for the process. I tried to turn off all other applications but it still does not help.

Is there a way to make the initial .pps files smaller in size somehow? In fact, the text which they contain is really shor
... See more
I have several .pps files (which I simply renamed into .ppt before importing as a DVX project). The files which are less 1 Mb are imported OK, but there are some files with their sizes 2-5 Mb -- and DVX cannot import them. I think the problem is that DVX has not enough memory for the process. I tried to turn off all other applications but it still does not help.

Is there a way to make the initial .pps files smaller in size somehow? In fact, the text which they contain is really short (no more than 1000 words in a 5 Mb PowerPoint file, I suppose).

Or maybe there is yet another possible way to solve the problem? Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Michael Hesselnberg (X)
Michael Hesselnberg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:30
French to German
+ ...
I never heard about that Apr 27, 2005

I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

HTH

Michael

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:30
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A partial solution Apr 27, 2005

Thank you, Michael!

I found a partial solution: to break the source files into separate files. First I had thought my computer has not enough memory for DVX to import large files (I have 256 RAM and run under Windows XP), but for a while I see that I have problems with even relatively small files (like 250 Kb or so, after I broke th initial files into separate slides). So, the question still needs a research -- thank you very much for the link!

Michael Hesselnberg wrote:
I am working with DVX too, and in the past, i imported some very big PPT filesin DVX, I never had a problem;
perhaps you can post your question on the English DejaVu users forum at the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

[Edited at 2005-04-28 10:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX: Importing PowerPoint files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »