Thread poster: Mark Smith

Mark Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:54
German to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2005

Dear all,

Can someone please tell me if DVX allows more than one person to use its Terminology Databases and Translation Memories at the same time, i.e. over a LAN?

Thanks,
Mark Smith

Direct link Reply with quote

Hirundo Dutch Language Services
Japan
Local time: 08:54
English to Dutch
+ ...
With Workgroup edition: Definetly Jun 8, 2005

Sharing databases in real-time is no problem with Workgroup edition.

(I have no experience doing this with other versions, so I cannot tell you for Professional or Standard edition.)

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:54
German to English
+ ...
I think so Jun 8, 2005

I believe it is possible, although I have never had any occasion to explore this myself. There are likely to be issues such as LAN capacity and speed, of course.

What I do know is that it is possible to draw on the same databases in different jobs simultaneously on the same computer. For example, while one project is pretranslating a long job (and thus calling on the active databases all the time), I can work in another job and call on the same databases. Again, computer power and memory are important factors which may influence the speed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX TermBase / TM sharing

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs