Thread poster: Mark Smith

Mark Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:35
German to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2005

Dear all,

Can someone please tell me if DVX allows more than one person to use its Terminology Databases and Translation Memories at the same time, i.e. over a LAN?

Mark Smith

Direct link Reply with quote

Hirundo Dutch Language Services
Local time: 05:35
Partial member
English to Dutch
+ ...
With Workgroup edition: Definetly Jun 8, 2005

Sharing databases in real-time is no problem with Workgroup edition.

(I have no experience doing this with other versions, so I cannot tell you for Professional or Standard edition.)

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
German to English
+ ...
I think so Jun 8, 2005

I believe it is possible, although I have never had any occasion to explore this myself. There are likely to be issues such as LAN capacity and speed, of course.

What I do know is that it is possible to draw on the same databases in different jobs simultaneously on the same computer. For example, while one project is pretranslating a long job (and thus calling on the active databases all the time), I can work in another job and call on the same databases. Again, computer power and memory are important factors which may influence the speed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX TermBase / TM sharing

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs