Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 21:44
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 29, 2005

I have a bunch of xml files that need to be translated in Tag Editor.

The client provided me with an .ini file, which is properly visible in the DTD Settings Manager in Tag Editor. I opened Workbench and wanted to pre-translate the xml files. Everything seemed OK, but when I opened the supposedly pre-translated files in Tag Editor, only the source segments were visible. As far as I know, pre-translated files should have both source and target segments visible.

The reas
... See more
I have a bunch of xml files that need to be translated in Tag Editor.

The client provided me with an .ini file, which is properly visible in the DTD Settings Manager in Tag Editor. I opened Workbench and wanted to pre-translate the xml files. Everything seemed OK, but when I opened the supposedly pre-translated files in Tag Editor, only the source segments were visible. As far as I know, pre-translated files should have both source and target segments visible.

The reason I need such files is because I want to perform the actual translation in Deja Vu X.

When I created a new project in DVX and imported the supposedly pre-translated xml.ttx files, none of them included any valid segments, which usually is a symptom of attempting to import files that had not been pre-translated.

My question is therefore: when pre-translating xml.ttx files in Workbench, how does the .ini file come into picture? During the process I have not found any place where I had to specify the .ini file. Could this be the reason why I cannot produce properly pre-translated files?

Or else, how can I ensure that DVX correctly imports the files? (File names appear in the File Navigator pane, but all of them are empty.)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Csaba

PS I am using Trados 6.5 in an XP Pro environment.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to process Trados xml ttx files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »