Thread poster: stake
stake  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:00
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 19, 2006

Hello,
I am using Deja Vu X Pro Version 7.0.215.
I have a problem translating a Power Point file. On the Notes View of each slide there is a Word field inserted. When importing the file into DVX I ticked "Process Master" and "Process Notes" options of the PPT filter, but no content of the Word inserted fields appears in the Project.
Is there a way to overcome this problem? Any additional setting?
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Stake

P.S.
Those "Word fields" I refer to are actually objects, embedded objects, I bieleve. When I double click them, they can be eddited inside the Notes View of the slides.

[Edited at 2006-02-19 21:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
The problem seems to be the embedded objects Feb 21, 2006

I just had this problem with a PPT file with embedded objects in the slides, not even in the Notes.
I simply translated those parts manually in PPT, and to find the correct word count the PPT file had to be printed as a PDF file.

(Fortunately, the agency did this for me, because my PDF converter always got stuck when I tried to print this file as PDF, and when I tried to save it as HTML, PPT got stuck, too.)

stake  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:00
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
manually... I was afraid so Feb 23, 2006

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately perfect CAT's do not exist. Before going on with manual translation I will try to do something else (it's just come to my mind). I will copy all the text from the embedded fields and paste into Word, translate it using DVX and than copy it back into the embedded fields. We'll see if it works.
I hope it works as in my case the majority of the text to be translated is within those fileds and slides are just for graphical representation of a problem.

Regards,
Stake

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PPT files with inserted Word fields on Notes View

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs