DVX security settings
Thread poster: Georgiy Moiseenko

Georgiy Moiseenko
Local time: 01:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2006

Dear all,
I am trying to set a restricted access to my project and databases. It is a quite new approach for me and so there are some settings, the influence of which I do not understand clearly.

1. Do the project/database manager and administrator have default rights to enter terms in any related languages?
2. What role should be assigned to an editor: "the administrator" or "the highest-level user"?
3. Do the project/database manager and administrator have higher rights (and the manager as compared with the administrator) to say a "final word" relating to translation than the most proficent users (level 1 or 0)?
4. By the way, the drop-down list of levels available includes "level 0" not mentioned in the Manual. What should I do with it?
5. What effect will be if I set only the target language to be available for a translator, excluding the source one?
6. Do the import/export permissions have any relation to the auto/manual search (reading) and writing to a database?
7. What and where should I set to let anybody just to read the global databases, keeping myself the right to do everything with it?

The reason of this questions:
I have "frozen" global databases, temporary databases of translators for every project running, the project and, possibly, its satellites.

So, I'd like to:
- have a final word on everything,
- permit to translation managers to delete source lines
- permit to editors to change translations and frozen databases
- permit to translators just to find (automatically, as well) translated items in the global databases and not to make any changes in the databases.

Any tips and links relating to DVX for Workgroup are welcome.

Regards,
Georgy

Direct link Reply with quote

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:51
German to English
+ ...
You seem to have DVX Workgroup Mar 24, 2006

And you seem to be using DVX Workgroup to run an agency, or at least to sub-contract work to other translators..

I'm afraid your questions go beyond my knowledge and skills, as I am just a freelancer using DVX Professtional. The the same will probably apply to most people on this forum.
Are you a member of the mailing list at Yahoogroups?
You will probably find more experts on that group (including a few people who regularly sub-contract jobs).
To subscribe: dejavu-l-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (or through the Groups page at Yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/ ).

Georgiy Moiseenko
Local time: 01:51
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I use both options Mar 24, 2006

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

And you seem to be using DVX Workgroup to run an agency, or at least to sub-contract work to other translators..

I'm afraid your questions go beyond my knowledge and skills, as I am just a freelancer using DVX Professtional. The the same will probably apply to most people on this forum.
Are you a member of the mailing list at Yahoogroups?
You will probably find more experts on that group (including a few people who regularly sub-contract jobs).
To subscribe: dejavu-l-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (or through the Groups page at Yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/ ).

As a matter of fact, I am trying to organize the cooperative work of translators with the DVX Workgroup, using the built-in security features. The settings are almost the same as in the DVX Professinal that I have at home. Some unexplicable thing happen for both software options when I set roles and authority levels. So, I posted messages at 5 forums including, of course, the dejavu-l. Your response is the second for 5 hours. It seems that no participant has anytning to with co-operative work or restriction policies. Let's wait till America will be awaken. Nevertheless, thank you for the response. I proposed to start the tricks&tips topic at dejavu-i, the response was fable. I maintain the Tip-of the-week file for my DVX colleages and will be grateful to you for any contribution.
Thank you,
Georgy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX security settings

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs