Mobile menu

Deja Vu X v MultiTrans 4 (EnglishPolish)
Thread poster: Maria Paszkiewicz MITI
Maria Paszkiewicz MITI
Local time: 21:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2006

I would like to hear from anyone who has experince with one, or, both of these tools. My dilemma: need a CAT, cannot afford both but like the terminology management aspect of MultiTrans. Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:25
German to English
+ ...
What do you look for in a terminology tool? Jun 9, 2006

I don't know MultiTrans, but I like the terminology tool in DVX (TDB or "terminology database").

- You can enter terms "on the fly"
- You can mark them by client and subject
- You can import external glossaries (preferably to a second database, at least initially, so that you don't run into problems if the glossary is imperfect).
- You can enter whole phrases into the TDB.

There is also a secondary terminology tool, the lexicon.
This is specific to the project - it is the place to put proper names and project-specific terminology.

By the way, I hope you are thinking of DVX Professional (not DVX Standard). Standard lacks the features that make DVX so worthwhile.
For the first month (while you try it out), you don't have to pay anything - Atril will give you a fully functional demo code for 30 days. There is no restriction on the demo other than time, so you can see which functions are useful to you.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu X v MultiTrans 4 (EnglishPolish)

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs