Thread poster: David BUICK
David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 8, 2006

Does anyone have any experience of importing and exporting text into and out of DVX from documents formatted in Photoshop 7.0 and Xpress 6.0? I'm not very optimistic about this...

Costantino Sbacchi
Costantino Sbacchi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
copy flow for Xpress + Trados filter Nov 8, 2006

You can try the filter for Xpress files called CopyFlow: it's rather expensive but it works fine and if you have to send the file to pre-press, the pre-press people are going to be happy. I've already tested it and it works. Another option are Trados filters (story collector), you can download trados (free trial) then just keep the filter when the license expires.
You can try Copyflow at:<
... See more
You can try the filter for Xpress files called CopyFlow: it's rather expensive but it works fine and if you have to send the file to pre-press, the pre-press people are going to be happy. I've already tested it and it works. Another option are Trados filters (story collector), you can download trados (free trial) then just keep the filter when the license expires.
You can try Copyflow at:
www.napsys.com
Trados:
www.translationzone.com

Good luck with your DVX!

Costantino
Collapse

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the link Nov 8, 2006

Thanks for the link. I see what you mean about the price! But still cheaper than actually buying Xpress... I'll definitely consider this if the order comes off.

Costantino Sbacchi
Costantino Sbacchi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
CopyFlow Nov 9, 2006

CopyFlow works as a plug-in of Xpress so you would still have to buy Xpress. My point is that if you don't buy CopyFlow or a trados filter and just buy Xpress you'll have trouble copying the "stories" contained in your Xpress files. So, if you want to use DVX you would still have to buy Xpress + CopyFlow.
You really have to think if it's really worth investing all that money...
Good luck.
Costantino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing/Exporting for DVX from Photoshop and/or Xpress

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »