https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/69486-just_now_got_hold_of_d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_x.html

just now got hold of Déjà Vu X
Thread poster: brandis (X)
brandis (X)
brandis (X)
Local time: 16:33
French to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2007

Greetings,

I have downloaded or imported a sample file and I see only two fields, but the file is a regular MS-File. Is this the working area in this program? There is no tutorial of somekind here, only the help file system, but unlike a few tools I have seen this program converts and processes the document in Unicode, that is very nice. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial. Thank you Sarmba

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:03
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Deja Vu tutorial Mar 29, 2007

Hi Sarmba,

Congratulations on your purchase! Regarding your questions:

(1) You will find the tutorial when going to "Help" and then to "Contents" or "Index" in the Deja Vu menu bar. Alternatively, you can go to Atril's website under "Documentation" and download the complete manual or parts of it.

(2) Can you please explain more precisely what you did? I didn't quite follow your explanations. Thanks...
See more
Hi Sarmba,

(1) You will find the tutorial when going to "Help" and then to "Contents" or "Index" in the Deja Vu menu bar. Alternatively, you can go to Atril's website under "Documentation" and download the complete manual or parts of it.

(2) Can you please explain more precisely what you did? I didn't quite follow your explanations. Thanks

Best,

Olaf
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:03
English to Turkish
+ ...
manuals Mar 29, 2007

You ask for Deja Vu manuals, here they are
http://www.atril.com/docs/dvxdocumentation.asp

sarmba wrote:

I have downloaded or imported a sample file and I see only two fields, but the file is a regular MS-File. Is this the working area in this program?

Regular MS-File? Do you mean MS Word, MS Excel, or MS PowerPoint? Deja Vu is a standalone program, so you don't have to open or edit the file in the original program. You can use one program for all file types.

brandis (X)
brandis (X)
Local time: 16:33
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well. I have installed and... Mar 30, 2007

Olaf Reibedanz wrote:

Hi Sarmba,

(2) Can you please explain more precisely what you did? I didn't quite follow your explanations. Thanks

Best,

Olaf
Hello Mr. Reibedanz, loaded a source file (the translation part was already done in Trados, so that I know what can happen) set the language pairs first and then loaded the file left column german right english, initially swapped the columns left and righ, went fine. Searched for some kind of tag or a suitable keyboard short cut, I know from trados, did not find any, and started retranslating as a new (experimental unpaid project) used the arrowed direction buttons on the keyboard and just entered the target text. Tried a few pages and exported the file (pack and go - I think this function is good, to transport part finished projects amongst translators) and generated a glossary (Lexikonfunction) and edited it partly and exported to translation memory. That was all. I shall try today sending the memory / lexikon to terminology database. I am using the german interface, because atleast 3 of our local tanslators use this, I did not wish to change it. Yes, I forgot to mention, that I had also sent the pairs to the glossary / lexikon. oh, yes I could change the program interface to english now, Amazing it was easy. Now I did not understand the funtion "propagate current files " and propage to all files" and also the functions "pseudo translate " and pre-translate" ( I guess if there is translation memory from other projects, one could use this function.) I shall get back with more in the evening, I have other things to attend to now. But it is really very interesting program and equally expensive. Best regards, Sarmba

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:03
English to Turkish
+ ...
version Mar 30, 2007

sarmba wrote:

Tried a few pages and exported the file (pack and go - I think this function is good, to transport part finished projects amongst translators) ...

I suppose you use the workgroup version, which is an expensive but impressive program. By the way, you can translate many (hundreds of) documents simultaneously.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

just now got hold of Déjà Vu X

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »