Mobile menu

is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 05:02
English to German
+ ...
May 9, 2007

I just now had an interesting enquiry about a possible large project in FM, but the TM is in Trados and the finishing is needed in DVX. I had searched for all possibilities did test runs on a sample file, but to no avail. Can some one help. Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:02
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Importing Trados TM content to DVX May 9, 2007

>> is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX?

Yes, it's called the import function for the DVX TM. Simply create/open your DV translation memory database, then take a look at the Import function under the File menu. The wizard will guide you through all the necessary steps; key steps include selection of the format to be imported ("Trados WB database" which *really* means the TXT export from a Trados Workbench database, not the WB database itself!) and mapping the language codes (EN-GB to British English, for example, or to another dialect of English if desired).

A preliminary step, of course, is exporting the content from Trados Workbench (File -> Export...).

[Edited at 2007-05-09 14:41]

Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
English to German
Export from Trados to Trados.txt May 9, 2007

Export your Trados TM to Trados.txt. Depending of the DVX Version to Trados.txt Version 2 to 6.5.
Import this into a DVX mdb as Trados TM.

Kind regards
Judy Ann

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 9, 2007

and vielen Dank, I could use your help and solve my problem. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is there a way to transport trados TM to DVX

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs