Pretranslate with the updated version
Thread poster: Carol Chen
Carol Chen
Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:43
English to Chinese
Jul 30, 2007

There are about 1000 lines in the Deja Vu project. Firstly, I tranlsated the first 500 lines. As there are a lot of reduplication in the second half of the document, I clicked "pretranslate". Then, I reviewed the first half, made changes to them and send them to the translation memory as well. I wanted to update the second half of the document by clicking "pretranslate" easily. However, it failed. They remained as they were translated firstly. Could anybody tell me how could I update the sec... See more
There are about 1000 lines in the Deja Vu project. Firstly, I tranlsated the first 500 lines. As there are a lot of reduplication in the second half of the document, I clicked "pretranslate". Then, I reviewed the first half, made changes to them and send them to the translation memory as well. I wanted to update the second half of the document by clicking "pretranslate" easily. However, it failed. They remained as they were translated firstly. Could anybody tell me how could I update the second half automatically? Great thanks in advance!Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:43
English to German
+ ...
Workaround Jul 30, 2007

I have seen this problem, too. I solved it by reimporting the file (to delete the target segments) and then pretranslate it again.

Judy Schoen
Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
English to German
pretranslate has option Jul 30, 2007

what status had the rows that got not updated?

Pretranslalte has several option, which one did you use?
kind regards
Judy Ann

Carol Chen
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
not confirmed yet Jul 30, 2007

They are in green, meaning that the translation are copied successfully from existing Translation Memory and not confirmed yet.
I used "Pretranslalte" in the top of the menu "Translation".

Judy Schoen wrote:

what status had the rows that got not updated?

Pretranslalte has several option, which one did you use?
kind regards
Judy Ann

Judy Schoen
Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
English to German
the color is not important Jul 30, 2007

and tells me nothing as you can change it. The status is important.
But from what you write I assume these rows were pretranslated and not propagated.
pretranslated lines that are 100 % matches in pretranslation do not get overwritten by the next pretranslation, if you do not activate the option "overwrite exact matches" in the pretranslate window.
but I wonder what your workflow is, do you pretranslate in the middle of the project?. I never do this, as autoassemble or autoprop
... See more
and tells me nothing as you can change it. The status is important.
But from what you write I assume these rows were pretranslated and not propagated.
pretranslated lines that are 100 % matches in pretranslation do not get overwritten by the next pretranslation, if you do not activate the option "overwrite exact matches" in the pretranslate window.
but I wonder what your workflow is, do you pretranslate in the middle of the project?. I never do this, as autoassemble or autopropagate, depending on your activated options, takes care of this.

kind regards

Judy Ann
Collapse

Carol Chen
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Workflow Jul 30, 2007

Yes. I did it in the middle of the project for convenience. As I found it helpful in translating remaing parts of the project. Furtherly, I often use autoassemble as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretranslate with the updated version

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »