Delete duplicate translation in TM
Thread poster: Carol Chen

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:48
English to Chinese
Jul 31, 2007

During the project, I have many duplicate translation for the source sentence, which is exactly same with itself. For example, source sentence: "beijing flight reservation", target sentence "beijing flight reservation". There are about 100 such cases. Is there any way to delete them easily?

Direct link Reply with quote

Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
English to German
delete duplicates option Jul 31, 2007

open the tm, in the menu: database, find duplicates, there is an option to delete duplicates.
kind regards
Judy Ann

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 31, 2007

I tried.Some sentences are deleted automatically. However, there are still other sentences which could not be deleted.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 05:48
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
delete duplicates option works great Jul 31, 2007

But even an extra space makes difference.

So first "find sets of duplicate source sentences with identical translations" also check "delete redundant sentences in each set of duplicates".

And then "find sets of duplicate source sentences with different translations"

You will observe that sometimes we mistakenly add an extra space at the end of the segment

HTH

Caution: Never forget to save a copy of your TM before editing, deleting entries

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
could not delete "duplicate source sentences with different translation" Jul 31, 2007

Hi Selcuk,
I followed the steps as you describe. When "duplicate source sentences with different translation" is selected,about 70 sentences are found. However, there's no option to delete them automatically. Do I have to delete them one by one?

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 05:48
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
actually Jul 31, 2007

Carol Chen wrote:

Hi Selcuk,
I followed the steps as you describe. When "duplicate source sentences with different translation" is selected,about 70 sentences are found. However, there's no option to delete them automatically. Do I have to delete them one by one?

In the case of duplicate source sentences with different translations, you have to delete them manually.

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Great thanks! Aug 1, 2007

Great thanks for confirmation!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delete duplicate translation in TM

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums