Thread poster: Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:39
German to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2008

For those who are a little perplexed on how to get the segmentation exceptions for delimiters to work correctly in DVX, here are some extra tips and explanations to supplement the online help:

DVX segmentation rules

It took me ages to figure out one obvious, basic rule: "If it doesn't work, you probably forgot to put ^w at the end of
... See more
For those who are a little perplexed on how to get the segmentation exceptions for delimiters to work correctly in DVX, here are some extra tips and explanations to supplement the online help:

DVX segmentation rules

It took me ages to figure out one obvious, basic rule: "If it doesn't work, you probably forgot to put ^w at the end of the exception text". Making a comprehensive test file is useful too.
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Useful piece of advice! Jan 14, 2008

Thank you Kevin! Keep them coming... ^w

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:39
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The never-ending list Jan 14, 2008

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

Keep them coming... ^w

Ah yes, another segmentation exception I forgot! Thanks

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Segmentation rules Sep 6, 2015

Hi Kevin,
Your link about no longer works. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent DVX2 from doing a segmentation mid-sentence (German word "bzw."). Would it be possible to post your rules here in this forum?
TIA,
Marcus

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:39
French to English
+ ...
File/Options/Segmentation Sep 11, 2015

Under "Exceptions" - "Before Split:", add:

bzw.^w

Leave "After split:" blank

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting segmentation exceptions right in DVX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »