...the greatest living Dane?

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 18:22
English to Danish
+ ...
"Faxe"? Mar 23, 2003

Do you mean John \'Faxe\' Jensen, the Danish footballer?

Then no. Personally, I\'d always thought no one could possibly beat Preben Elkjær

Just my opinion....

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:22
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The very one Mar 23, 2003

Still an icon in North London. He actually had a housing estate in Essex named after him.

Pernille Chapman
Pernille Chapman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Danish
+ ...
Takes some beating... Mar 23, 2003

but I\'d still agree with CD on this one. And then of course there\'s Preben\'s little brother, Brian! I suppose I\'m biased here, though, since he played for a Scottish team. Still find it hard to keep a straight face when the Danish TV commentators go on about \"Glasgow Rangers\"

Libero_Lang_Lab
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"I was there when... Mar 23, 2003

It took JJ as he was known here 2.5 years to score his first goal. All the Arsenal fans bought t-shirts emblazoned with the legend: \"I was there when John Jensen scored for Arsenal.\"

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Faxe is a legend ... Mar 24, 2003

I\'m not a great football fan my self, but in Denmark I think Faxe will primarily be remembered for scoring one of the goals in the 2-0 victory over Germany in the 1992 European Championships!

PS: Never heard of Brian Elkjær , but Brian Laudrup was pretty good in his days (and a member of the 1992 team).

[ This Message was edited by: jmadsen on 2003-03-24 13:17]

[ This Message was edited by: jmadsen
... See more
I\'m not a great football fan my self, but in Denmark I think Faxe will primarily be remembered for scoring one of the goals in the 2-0 victory over Germany in the 1992 European Championships!

PS: Never heard of Brian Elkjær , but Brian Laudrup was pretty good in his days (and a member of the 1992 team).

[ This Message was edited by: jmadsen on 2003-03-24 13:17]

[ This Message was edited by: jmadsen on 2003-03-24 13:37]
Collapse

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Good combination, though! Mar 24, 2003

I don\'t know Brian Elkjær either, but the combination would make one hell of a football player, I\'m sure!

Libero_Lang_Lab
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think... Mar 24, 2003

you\'re thinking of Brian and Michael Laudrup

Michael, if I\'m not mistaken, played for Barca and Real Madrid among others. Brian played for Rangers and had a brief stint (about 3 days) at Chelsea before deciding he wanted to go back to Denmark.

But Preben Elkjaer was another fine international forward who played in the same team as the Laudrups very briefly - he was a bit older - but starred in the 1986 World Cup for them (and played his club football f
... See more
you\'re thinking of Brian and Michael Laudrup

Michael, if I\'m not mistaken, played for Barca and Real Madrid among others. Brian played for Rangers and had a brief stint (about 3 days) at Chelsea before deciding he wanted to go back to Denmark.

But Preben Elkjaer was another fine international forward who played in the same team as the Laudrups very briefly - he was a bit older - but starred in the 1986 World Cup for them (and played his club football for Brondby and Lyngby)
Collapse

Libero_Lang_Lab
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A load of balls Mar 29, 2003

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,924733,00.html

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Is John Jensen...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »