German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Local time: 07:05
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2010

Hello, I have a problem. I translated a Framemaker 9 book with Wordfast from English into Spanish. Everything is in Spanish except for the figure and table captions that are in English. ¿Can anyone please help to solve this? Thanks

When I click on e.g. "Figure 1" or "Table 1" nothing happens, no cross-reference that I can find.

Marie Thiriet
Marie Thiriet
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Format template Oct 14, 2010

Hello ! This is quite odd. You have to go into the format template itself to translate this.
You should find this under Format\Catalog\ and then the name of this format. Then in the "Numbering" sheet (if I remember).
You'll see the caption with code all around. Don't change the expression and pay attention to spaces, only translate the word you need.
Then update the format for the complete book:
after you made all changes for all templates in regards of tables and figure
... See more
Hello ! This is quite odd. You have to go into the format template itself to translate this.
You should find this under Format\Catalog\ and then the name of this format. Then in the "Numbering" sheet (if I remember).
You'll see the caption with code all around. Don't change the expression and pay attention to spaces, only translate the word you need.
Then update the format for the complete book:
after you made all changes for all templates in regards of tables and figures, let this chapter opened and go into the book page view, select all other chapters and perform a global update of formats (right clic).

I hope you'll find it, I unfortunately don't have Frame maker at thome, these are only rememberings of my former job.

Best wishes, Marie

[Bearbeitet am 2010-10-14 09:21 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2010-10-14 09:22 GMT]
Collapse

German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Local time: 07:05
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks it wordked! Nov 5, 2010

Hello Marie,
First, please let me apologize for not replying before. I accepted a job too many and when I finished I realized how rude I had been.
Your tip drove me in the right direction and I could solve everything in a couple of minutes. It's Funny how fast things are done when you know how!
Well, thank you very much and best regards,
Germán

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of figure and captions in Framemaker 9

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »