Thread poster: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:17
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2014

I'm having a problem with a PDF document and Adobe Reader XI (latest version, 11.0.06).

I was asked to review a PDF document and indicate any necessary corrections in notes. I did so, indicating my corrections and comments in notes, using the options "Add Note to Replace Text" and "Add Note to Text".

I then uploaded the finished file to my agency's Dropbox folder, so that they could pass it on to the end client.

Now, it appears the end-client's DTP profess
... See more
I'm having a problem with a PDF document and Adobe Reader XI (latest version, 11.0.06).

I was asked to review a PDF document and indicate any necessary corrections in notes. I did so, indicating my corrections and comments in notes, using the options "Add Note to Replace Text" and "Add Note to Text".

I then uploaded the finished file to my agency's Dropbox folder, so that they could pass it on to the end client.

Now, it appears the end-client's DTP professionals are having problems with my notes. It seems they cannot see any text inside the notes: the note "popups" are there but appear empty.
On my computer, however, everything looks fine: The text is clearly visible inside the notes.

Any idea of what may be wrong and how we can fix this?

[Edited at 2014-04-23 05:37 GMT]
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:17
Spanish to French
+ ...
Just an idea... Apr 23, 2014

What version do you work with?

Have you tried saving your work making sure you extended the compatibility with precedent versions of Acrobat? Not sure at all this is the answer to your problem but who knows?

Hope it helps

Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:17
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
how to extend the compatibility with previous versions? Apr 23, 2014

Hello Cristophe,

Thank you for your reply. I work with the latest version of Adobe Reader XI, version 11.0.06.

When saving the file, there is - as far as I can see - only one type option available, "Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)".

How would I go about to "extend the compatibility with precedent versions of Acrobat"? Is there something I need to download and install in order for Acrobat to be compatible with previous versions?

Thomas

[Edited a
... See more
Hello Cristophe,

Thank you for your reply. I work with the latest version of Adobe Reader XI, version 11.0.06.

When saving the file, there is - as far as I can see - only one type option available, "Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)".

How would I go about to "extend the compatibility with precedent versions of Acrobat"? Is there something I need to download and install in order for Acrobat to be compatible with previous versions?

Thomas

[Edited at 2014-04-23 18:11 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

text not showing in notes in PDF file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »