Index Tokens in Framemaker
Thread poster: alainabran
alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 23:05
Spanish to English
Feb 22, 2017

Hi all,

I'm processing a Framemaker manual with an index and tokens throughout the body copy linking back to the index. We've worked with a similar manual in the past, and had each of the tokens in the body copy translated and then had to manually verify that each was translated consistently so that we would not get any added dubplicate entries in the target index once re-generated. This added time to our review stage to manually check each of the tokens. Is there a way to make inde
... See more
Hi all,

I'm processing a Framemaker manual with an index and tokens throughout the body copy linking back to the index. We've worked with a similar manual in the past, and had each of the tokens in the body copy translated and then had to manually verify that each was translated consistently so that we would not get any added dubplicate entries in the target index once re-generated. This added time to our review stage to manually check each of the tokens. Is there a way to make index tokens in inline copy conditional so that they do not pick up in CAT tools? Can the actual index itself be translated and then the index tokens in inline copy reverse-generated? Are there any filters available in Trados that would allow for index tokens in inline copy to be excluded from the word count?

Thank you,
Alaina
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 07:05
Perhaps Feb 23, 2017

Perhaps you can use this great tool for the exclusion in the MIF files–once they have been imported into a Studio project:

http://jessegood.github.io/translation/cleanuptool.html

Regarding the 'other way around' approach: perhaps you can add the translated Index as a MT termbase?

(I take it that you don't miss the context when translating th
... See more
Perhaps you can use this great tool for the exclusion in the MIF files–once they have been imported into a Studio project:

http://jessegood.github.io/translation/cleanuptool.html

Regarding the 'other way around' approach: perhaps you can add the translated Index as a MT termbase?

(I take it that you don't miss the context when translating the Index first?)

[Edited at 2017-02-23 09:41 GMT]
Collapse

alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 23:05
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
That worked to lock the index entries! Feb 26, 2017

On the Settings page that popped up after clicking "Cleanup source" in Batch tasks, I selected "Lock Segments", "Structure" > "x-tm-index-entry". This locked all segments containing index markers.

Great plugin -- thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Index Tokens in Framemaker

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »