https://www.proz.com/forum/dutch/111470-notice_of_theft_opsporingsbericht%3A_laptop_passport_of_bryan_crumpler_stolen.html

Off topic: Notice of Theft (Opsporingsbericht): laptop & passport of Bryan Crumpler stolen
Thread poster: Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:43
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 31, 2008

But who's that guy?
Bryan is this one: www.whosthatguy.com

You might regard it your duty to find the other guy / girl in this politieserie!

Opsporingsbrief / Notice of Theft

On the morning of July 20th 2008 around 6:30 am GMT+1 during the Ghent Festival in Belgium, my green backpack (brand: JANSPORT, make: nylon/cordura) and black shoulder bag (brand:
... See more
But who's that guy?
Bryan is this one: www.whosthatguy.com

You might regard it your duty to find the other guy / girl in this politieserie!

Opsporingsbrief / Notice of Theft

On the morning of July 20th 2008 around 6:30 am GMT+1 during the Ghent Festival in Belgium, my green backpack (brand: JANSPORT, make: nylon/cordura) and black shoulder bag (brand: Royal Traveler, make: nylon/cordura) were stolen while offering emergency assistance to a critically injured, bleeding victim of assault and battery, lying unconsciously in the middle of the street.

The incident occurred near the intersection of the Sint Jakobsnieuwstraat, Gildestraat and Kwaadham (halfway between the Beestenmarkt and Vlasmarkt).

The items were stolen after putting the items down to rush to the victim, telephone police, and tend to the victim while waiting for emergency medical ! services to arrive.

CONTENTS & STOLEN ITEMS:

1 white laptop computer 13" MacBook (Apple) - year 2007, Serial No. w87260k9yq7, keyboard: QWERTY
1 black Tucano MacBook sleeve
1 backup mobile hard drive (LACIE 80gb) and connector cables - year 2006
My American Passport (issued by the New Orleans Passport Agency)
My Belgian ID card/residence permit (issued by the Dienst Vreemdelingen in Ghent)
1 charger for my mobile phone (Sagem)
1 black charger for my iPod Touch
1 white charger for my MacBook with EU adapter add-on
Various personal items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant etc)
Various personal & legal papers (bank statements, course materials, bills, attestations etc.)

The above items and their respective serial/ID numbers have been reported to the police as stolen as of July 20th at 17:07 (5:07 pm GMT+1).

If anyone can provide information as to the whereabouts of these items or who might have taken them, please contact me directly or the Ghent police at 09 266 6111 (from outside Belgium: +32 9 266 6111).

Approximate images:

Jansport Backpack
Photobucket

Royal Traveler shoulder bag
Photobucket

Macbook 13"
Photobucket

Tucano Macbook Sleeve
Photobucket

[Bijgewerkt op 2008-07-31 14:27]
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 17:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
Awful Jul 31, 2008

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to our colleague Bryan - that is awful. Loosing your computer is probably one of the worst things that can happen to a translator. Having your belongings stolen while helping someone in need just adds insult to injury. I'm not sure if your posting here is going to help but you never know (hoe een koe een haas vangt). Good luck to Bryan.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Notice of Theft (Opsporingsbericht): laptop & passport of Bryan Crumpler stolen

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »