Thread poster: Olga Simon

Olga Simon  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:22
English to Russian
+ ...
May 15, 2002

Dear colleagues,

I would like to thank all of you for your help that you rendered to me when I was trying to locate a delinquent outsourcer about a month ago.

Finally, after a long battle I got paid. You helped me to locate the name of the company in Amsterdam and get their valid e-mail address.

Maybe I should think of deposits. How many people are working on a deposit basis I wonder?

Have a good day all of you and I wish you lots of work with decent payment!

Best regards,

Olga Simon.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 17:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Work with advanced payment May 15, 2002

Olga: Depending on the size of the translations I ask my clients to make a 35% deposit. So far it has worked for me. If it\'s a small translation I just hope that they are honest people and pay.

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Dinorah

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
still no guarantee... May 15, 2002

I have asked for advance payment ONCE only (client from Belgium), got 25% and never seen the rest. You must be very carefull anyway.

Magda

Cynthia Brals-Rud  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! May 16, 2002

Thank you, Olga, for letting us know. Happy ending.

Best of lucks,

Cynthia

Chris Hopley  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to English
+ ...
Don't be shy - demand payment up-front! May 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-15 16:01, OlgaSimon wrote:

Maybe I should think of deposits. How many people are working on a deposit basis I wonder?

The agency I used to work for demands payment up front from all individual clients and from all first-time business clients if they couldn\'t produce proof of company registration, valid VAT no., etc. It simply makes commercial sense. In any case, an honest person or company will not be offended if you demand (part) payment up-front.

Chris

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Thank you !

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs