https://www.proz.com/forum/dutch/94876-verkeerde_spatie_van_het_jaar_wrong_space_of_the_year.html

Off topic: Verkeerde spatie van het jaar (Wrong space of the year)
Thread poster: Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 22, 2008

Voor wie zich ook zo ergert aan de 'Engelse ziekte', ook wel 'losschrijfziekte' genoemd, je kunt nu stemmen op het ergste geval van het jaar:

http://www.spatiegebruik.nl/despatievan2007.html

De nominaties zijn hilarisch, moeilijk kiezen hoor...

(For those who are as irritated as I am by the increasing habit in Dutch of writing words unconnected - as
... See more
Voor wie zich ook zo ergert aan de 'Engelse ziekte', ook wel 'losschrijfziekte' genoemd, je kunt nu stemmen op het ergste geval van het jaar:

http://www.spatiegebruik.nl/despatievan2007.html

De nominaties zijn hilarisch, moeilijk kiezen hoor...

(For those who are as irritated as I am by the increasing habit in Dutch of writing words unconnected - as in English - in stead of connected, here's a novel public vote: Wrong Space Use Of The Year. Some of the nominees are really hilarious)
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
great examples! Jan 23, 2008

I drew my dentist's attention to a poster in her waiting room about "behandeling van 2 jarigen". She really was surprised. I was the first one in three months. Of course! Birthday candy and dentists are an odd combination.

By the way, don't you think it would make sense asking the moderators to repost it under Dutch. For Eglish speaking people the fact that we call thoughtless borrowed grammar rules "English disease" really might be an eye-opener, but the content might look o
... See more
I drew my dentist's attention to a poster in her waiting room about "behandeling van 2 jarigen". She really was surprised. I was the first one in three months. Of course! Birthday candy and dentists are an odd combination.

By the way, don't you think it would make sense asking the moderators to repost it under Dutch. For Eglish speaking people the fact that we call thoughtless borrowed grammar rules "English disease" really might be an eye-opener, but the content might look obscure to them.
Collapse

Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, but how? Jan 24, 2008

I would have posted this 'under Dutch' if only I knew how. I haven't got much experience with the forums yet.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 23:49
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Moving this thread... Jan 24, 2008

...to the Dutch forum.

Nancy

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Verkeerde spatie van het jaar (Wrong space of the year)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »