Grammar and Phraseology: Aucun[e] n ... pas
Thread poster: Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2003

In a trademark document, I have the following sentence: Aucune inscription n'est portée au Registre tant que le dépôt n'est pas publié dans les conditions prévues à l'article R. 712-8.

I understand this to mean that "No entry is made to the registry unless the filing is published in accordance with the conditions set forth in Article R. 712-8."

Is this a correct rendering of this phrase?

Sunday morning foggies, I guess.

Thanks very much,<
... See more
In a trademark document, I have the following sentence: Aucune inscription n'est portée au Registre tant que le dépôt n'est pas publié dans les conditions prévues à l'article R. 712-8.

I understand this to mean that "No entry is made to the registry unless the filing is published in accordance with the conditions set forth in Article R. 712-8."

Thanks very much,

Harold
[Please answer to [email protected]]
Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
French to English
Re-ost to KudoZ Jun 8, 2003

Harold Vadney wrote:

Thanks very much,

Harold
[Please answer to [email protected]][/quote]

Hello Harold, You ought to postthis as a KudoZ as that's what that part of teh site is for!

All the best,

Nikki

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Grammar and Phraseology: Aucun[e] n ... pas

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »