https://www.proz.com/forum/french/1441-paypal.html

Paypal
Thread poster: line (X)
line (X)
line (X)
English to French
Feb 20, 2002

Bonjour,

J\'aimerais avoir des infos sur la façon dont Paypal fonctionne, notamment pour les paiements depuis l\'étranger. Est-ce réellement intéressant, quel type de compte vaut-il mieux ouvrir, comment s\'effectuent les paiements, la sécurité est-elle réelle ?

J\'ai consulté le site www.paypal.com, mais je ne le trouve pas très explicite (pour moi, du moins). En outre, j\'aimerais bien av
... See more
Bonjour,

J\'aimerais avoir des infos sur la façon dont Paypal fonctionne, notamment pour les paiements depuis l\'étranger. Est-ce réellement intéressant, quel type de compte vaut-il mieux ouvrir, comment s\'effectuent les paiements, la sécurité est-elle réelle ?

J\'ai consulté le site www.paypal.com, mais je ne le trouve pas très explicite (pour moi, du moins). En outre, j\'aimerais bien avoir l\'avis d\'utilisateurs avant d\'ouvrir un compte.

Merci d\'avance.

Line

Collapse

Tim Drayton
Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 11:41
Turkish to English
+ ...
paypal Feb 21, 2002

Hi,

Well I have an account at paypal, and have only ever made one small transfer. The procedure for opening the account and verifying the card number was straightforward, and there were no problems with the transfer I made.

However, it is worth checking out the following two sites, because not everybody has had good experiences
... See more
Hi,

Well I have an account at paypal, and have only ever made one small transfer. The procedure for opening the account and verifying the card number was straightforward, and there were no problems with the transfer I made.

However, it is worth checking out the following two sites, because not everybody has had good experiences with this payment system:

www.paypalwarning.com

www.paypalsucks.com

Personally, I would be happy to use paypal for small sums, but I would be wary about using it for larger transfers. The final decision rests with you!
Collapse

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:41
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank you for the warning Apr 6, 2002

Thanks tim, for the URLs. I\'ve had a look at both, and I \'ve decided to not use Paypal (while I was in the process of opening an account). These people seem to have been overtaken by their own expansion. And they don\'t really offer guarantees, particicularly now that the Law is re-considering their actions.

Thanks a lot for having warned us.

Have a nice week-end

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »