URSSF(?) - lequel?
Thread poster: Barbara Cashin (X)
Barbara Cashin (X)
Barbara Cashin (X)
Local time: 20:01
German to English
Nov 5, 2003

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord: Je demande pardon pour la qualité de mon Francais. Je suis Traductrice de l'Allemand vers Anglais (depuis 18 ans).

A partir du fin du mois, j'espère aller vivre à Aubertin assez près de Pau (64). Beaucoup de traducteurs/-trices m'ont déjà donné de bons conseils au sujet des taxes etc. Il parait qu'il me faudrait m'enregistrer auprès d'un URSSF(?) si je veux établir un micro-entreprise. Je voudrais maintenant savoir:
lequel? J'ai éc
... See more
Bonjour,

Tout d'abord: Je demande pardon pour la qualité de mon Francais. Je suis Traductrice de l'Allemand vers Anglais (depuis 18 ans).

A partir du fin du mois, j'espère aller vivre à Aubertin assez près de Pau (64). Beaucoup de traducteurs/-trices m'ont déjà donné de bons conseils au sujet des taxes etc. Il parait qu'il me faudrait m'enregistrer auprès d'un URSSF(?) si je veux établir un micro-entreprise. Je voudrais maintenant savoir:
lequel? J'ai écrit au Chambre de Commerce mais je n'ai recu aucune réponse. Y'a t-il quelqu'un qui peut me le dire?

Merci
Barbara Cashin
[email protected]

[Edited at 2003-11-05 17:41]
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:01
Member (2003)
German to French
Urssaf Nov 5, 2003

Va voir ce lien : http://www.urssaf.fr/general/les_urssaf/votre_urssaf/index.phtml

Tu trouveras sans aucun doute

Bonne chance pour ton installation!
Sylvain

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
URSSAF Nov 5, 2003

(I'm assuming if you translate into Eng, it's OK to reply in English!)

Basically, you need to be very clear about what you're actually planning to do. The fundamental distinction is not unlike in the UK - you can be the equivalent of self-employed, in which case you register with URSSAF. In this case, you and your business are considered basically one and the same - like I said, it's like being self employed in the UK, except that administratively, being France, it's a bit more co
... See more
(I'm assuming if you translate into Eng, it's OK to reply in English!)

Basically, you need to be very clear about what you're actually planning to do. The fundamental distinction is not unlike in the UK - you can be the equivalent of self-employed, in which case you register with URSSAF. In this case, you and your business are considered basically one and the same - like I said, it's like being self employed in the UK, except that administratively, being France, it's a bit more complicated.

Alternatively, you can set up your own company, which is a separate legal entity. For that, you register with the Chambre de Commerce. But there's approximately 9 million different forms this can take. The Fr govt apparently realises that this is a hinderance to people setting up on their own and is taking steps to rectify, but to anyone coming from an anglo-saxon background, it is still a nightmare.

I went the URSSAF route. The general consensus at the time (last feb) seemed to be that it was only really worth setting up a company if you were likely to be employing people and suchlike - for a one-man band, the minor tax breaks available were not considered to compensate for the long hours of admin hassle it requires.

My understanding is that the URSSAF you will go to is determined entirely by where you live (if memory serves).

If your French is up to it, I thoroughly reccomend the book "S'installer a son compte" by Christine Cesbron and Anne-Laure Sterin, pub by Delmas. It makes everything really clear.

Failing that, e-mail me privately if you so wish.
Good luck!!
Collapse

Barbara Cashin (X)
Barbara Cashin (X)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 6, 2003

Sylvain,

Merci mille fois pour le lien.

Charlie,
Thank you for the information and
the support.

Regards
Barbara

Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Local time: 21:01
English to French
APCE Nov 6, 2003

Barbara,

You might want to check the website of the Agence Pour la Création d’Entreprises (http://www.apce.com - ‘Business start-up agency’) which has lots of useful information also available in English.

Good luck,
Vincent

Barbara Cashin (X)
Barbara Cashin (X)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to everyone Nov 9, 2003

Thanks Vincent and merci à tout le monde.

L'information a été très utile

Salutations

Barbara Cashin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URSSF(?) - lequel?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »