Resource: Financial dictionary
Thread poster: Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
English to French
Feb 27, 2004

I am looking for an excellent English-French financial dictionay. Can you help?

Many thanks

Nathalie Reis

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:21
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
online or hard copy? Feb 27, 2004

Which do you want? An online reference or hard copy?

Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis  Identity Verified
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Both please. Feb 27, 2004

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

Which do you want? An online reference or hard copy?

smorales30
smorales30  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Book Feb 27, 2004

I strongly recommend you: "Understanding French Accounts" by Silvano Levy. It basically refers to accounting. It includes a glossary (EnglishFrench).

Pat Jenner (X)
Pat Jenner (X)
German to English
+ ...
not exactly what you're looking for, but might help others Feb 27, 2004

I was going to recommend something I use whenever translating corporate finance texts (annual reports, balance sheets etc.) but as you work into French it wouldn't help. However, anyone working from French, German or Spanish into English might find it useful. The title is European Charts of Accounts (authors Percival, Donaghy and Laidler, ISBN 0 9507949 4 5, publisher Flambard (European) Ltd.) It is set out in the form of a set of accounts of a French/German/Spanish company with the terms in the... See more
I was going to recommend something I use whenever translating corporate finance texts (annual reports, balance sheets etc.) but as you work into French it wouldn't help. However, anyone working from French, German or Spanish into English might find it useful. The title is European Charts of Accounts (authors Percival, Donaghy and Laidler, ISBN 0 9507949 4 5, publisher Flambard (European) Ltd.) It is set out in the form of a set of accounts of a French/German/Spanish company with the terms in the original language and in English, with an index in French, German and Spanish (but not English).

Hope that helps
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: Financial dictionary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »