number of "petit diamètre"
Thread poster: Emmanuelle Hingant

Emmanuelle Hingant  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:11
English to French
Dec 14, 2004

French grammatical issue:
I disagree with a reviewer for the number of the adjective and substantive in the French sentence "des stents de petit diamètre".
I would say that "petit diamètre" is singular but the reviewer says that it should be "des stents de petits diamètres".
Can you please tell me who is right (both, none?) and what is the grammatical rule then.
thanks a lot.

Direct link

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:11
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Use French monolingual KudoZ Dec 14, 2004

Hi Emmanuelle

This is a perfect question for French monolingual KudoZ. I'm sure you'll have answers with references that will allow you to defend your point.

As it's not a General technical issue and it's for French, I'll move it to the French forum.

[Edited at 2004-12-14 14:00]

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

number of "petit diamètre"

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs