Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:38
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 18, 2005

Herre is the copy of the message I've just sent to the staff. I had not read your previous messages till now, and some do make me vomit ! Please note that I was particularly thinking to Chinese, Tibetan or African people:
"Godd afternoon, dear all,
I want to transfer 4,000 from my 4,009 brownies to someone who resides in a country where it's difficult to live as a translator. I personally have no difficulty to make brownies, because I'm living in a privileged country in terms of com
... See more
Herre is the copy of the message I've just sent to the staff. I had not read your previous messages till now, and some do make me vomit ! Please note that I was particularly thinking to Chinese, Tibetan or African people:
"Godd afternoon, dear all,
I want to transfer 4,000 from my 4,009 brownies to someone who resides in a country where it's difficult to live as a translator. I personally have no difficulty to make brownies, because I'm living in a privileged country in terms of communications/ access to media, i.e. in France. I'd like my brownies to be donated to someone who, because of his/her place of birth - which no one of us may select in advance) - has big difficulties to subscribe to ProZ. That's your job to know who may be the recipient, that's not mine because I don't know these persons personally - what I do regret sincerely. So, I think that the best option would be to create a "ProZ Foundation for colleagues in difficulties" (Please feel free to call that the right way in English If you do that, I do agree to give you my 4000 out of 4009 bownies. Thank you for making your best efforts to find the right solution.
Thank you for all that good job.
Happy Cristmas"
Catherine

[Edited at 2005-12-18 20:46]

[Edited at 2005-12-18 20:48]
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Cession de Brownies Dec 18, 2005

Catherine GUILLIAUMET wrote:

I want to transfer 4,000 from my 4,009 brownies to someone who resides in a country where it's difficult to live as a translator.

Bonsoir Catherine,

Il s'avère que je dispose d'un peu plus de Brownies, et que je me suis rendu compte qu'ils pouvaient être offerts en lisant un autre fil.

J'ai consulté les réponses données à ce propos et ai repris la FAQ.

En toute logique, ce don ne peut être fait que par un membre Platinum pour qu'un autre puisse devenir Platinum.

Or je ne suis pas Platinum, et même si je dépensais ma partie de Brownies pour ce faire, j'aurais encore de quoi faire le don à un autre.

Avec 8000 Brownies je peux aider deux personnes à devenir Platinum :

Moi, et offrir les 4000 restants, ou deux autres personnes à qui cela pourrait vraiment rendre service.

La question est posée : le Staff, j'aide comment ?

Adrien

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Bownies donation to people who DO need them Dec 18, 2005

Adrien AVENAZ wrote:

...En toute logique, ce don ne peut être fait que par un membre Platinum pour qu'un autre puisse devenir Platinum.

Or je ne suis pas Platinum, et même si je dépensais ma partie de Brownies pour ce faire, j'aurais encore de quoi faire le don à un autre.

Avec 8000 Brownies je peux aider deux personnes à devenir Platinum :

Moi, et offrir les 4000 restants, ou deux autres personnes à qui cela pourrait vraiment rendre service.Adrien

Cher Adrien,
Comme dit le vieil adage "Charité bien ordonnée commence par soi-même". Donc, commence par utiliser 4000 brownies pour faciliter ta propre inscription - je t'assure que ça vaut le coup - et fais don des 4000 autres. (Summary for the Staff : Do use the first 4,000 to facilitate your own subscription - it does worth it - and donate the remaining 4,000 to somebody else)
Then, I think that we both are on the same "wave length" ; We both would like to donate our brownies to colleagues who DO need them (in some countries where it's difficult to make a life - financially or politically - with the translation job), but we are not equipped/armed to make that selection by ourselves. You are the only ones who can do that, you, the ProZ staff.
We are really awaiting for your proposals.
Thank you in advance
Catherine

[Edited at 2005-12-18 20:43]

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:38
English to French
+ ...
Je ne comprends pas Dec 19, 2005

ce que vous voulez dire lorsque vous dites que certains messages vous font vomir. Merci d'expliquer.

Cordialement
Bruno Magne

Mamie (X)
Mamie (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:38
French to Spanish
+ ...
Moi aussi j'aimerais savoir... Dec 19, 2005

Je crois que je suis la dernière à avoir offert mes points, tout bonnement, par deux fils, français et espagnol. Naturellement il y a eu des propositions mais des deux côtés on m'a gentillement fait savoir que ce n'était pas la façon. J'ai donc procédé comme indiqué et je garde les 4000 qui restent pour moi car en début d'année je devrais renouveler

Je ne vois vraiment pas ce qui peut faire vomir?????

Mamie.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Brownies donation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »