Wanted: online bilingual (EN>FR) philosophy glossary
Thread poster: alx
alx
alx  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:28
English to French
+ ...
Jul 23, 2002

Having to do with deconstruction in particular.

Any suggestion welcome, thanks in advance.

Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)
Jane Lamb-Ruiz (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
only know of sites with papers in French and English Jul 23, 2002

try zizek on google. Also, try sites on Jacques Lacan, Derrida and Tristan Todorov. Derrida is the \"father of deconstruction\". There\'s also that guy who used to be at Yale, sorry forgot his name. Most of the translation in this area is done into English from French. Not the other way around. What exactly are you translating? You are welcome to email me if you get stuck.

I don\'t know of an online dictionary like this. I just carry most of the terms in my head. Your best b
... See more
try zizek on google. Also, try sites on Jacques Lacan, Derrida and Tristan Todorov. Derrida is the \"father of deconstruction\". There\'s also that guy who used to be at Yale, sorry forgot his name. Most of the translation in this area is done into English from French. Not the other way around. What exactly are you translating? You are welcome to email me if you get stuck.

I don\'t know of an online dictionary like this. I just carry most of the terms in my head. Your best bet is reading papers in English.

Joan Kojpceck is another. That is not the correct spelling of her name.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-23 17:09 ]
Collapse

Eleonora Hantzsch
Eleonora Hantzsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No dictionaries, but some useful links (I hope) Jul 23, 2002

Here there are links to articles on deconstruction, that are translated into french and german. You may extract some useful vocabulary.

http://www.hydra.umn.edu/derrida/content.html

A site on philosophy, with lots of links!

www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Philo.html

Good
... See more
Here there are links to articles on deconstruction, that are translated into french and german. You may extract some useful vocabulary.

http://www.hydra.umn.edu/derrida/content.html

A site on philosophy, with lots of links!

www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Philo.html

Good luck!
Collapse

alx
alx  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:28
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many many thanks... Jul 24, 2002

...to both of you.

Although I studied deconstruction at uni in relation to translation history and that I consider this movement applicable to fashion (my specialty), I found the lexicon quite opaque and will surely need your professional help through kudoz in the next few days. Get ready to earn points!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wanted: online bilingual (EN>FR) philosophy glossary

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »