Mobile menu

Lettre de motivation/Application letters
Thread poster: Maestria
Maestria
Local time: 00:36
English to French
+ ...
Jan 23, 2006

Je souhaite envoyer des lettres de motivation à des entreprises américaines et canadiennes, mais j'ai un doute quant à la mise en page (destinataire, expéditeur, date, objet...). Est-ce la même que l'on utilise en Angleterre ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Richard Creech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:36
French to English
+ ...
Comme suivant: Jan 23, 2006

Votre Addresse
xxxx
France

January 23, 2006

XYZ Corporation
125 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10001

Re: Application for Position of X

Dear Sir or Madam:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely yours,

Votre nom

Maestria
Local time: 00:36
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exemple de lettre Jan 23, 2006

Merci pour votre aide. Puis-je vous demander de lire cette lettre, et de me dire si elle convient pour une demande de stage ? Merci.

Dear Sir,

SDI Media is a world-renowned company in the field of audiovisual translation, which is why I wish to apply for a job as a trainee in the subtitling and/or dubbing departments of your firm.

As you will see in my enclosed resume, I am currently following a Master in translation, subtitling and dubbing at the University of Nice, France. As a course requirement, I need to do a two-month work placement in a firm from July 2006.

My degree includes working on different subtitling software and on the dubbing software Syncode, using sources such as American and British documentaries, TV-series and films. I am thus able to master various tools of prior importance in the field of audiovisual translation.

I have recently spent a semester at Oxford Brookes University, a well-renowned British university; consequently I have further developed my skills in foreign languages and my ability to adapt myself to new environments.

I am also flexible, enthusiastic and hard-working, and I have good communication and organization skills which enable me to work in a team efficiently.

That's why I feel I have all the qualifications to work as a trainee in your firm and I think you will agree that my skills will make a valuable contribution to your team.

I am available to provide any further information you might need at emeline.perego@laposte.net.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely

Sorcha Diskin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:36
French to English
Minor edits Jan 24, 2006

Dear Sir,

SDI Media is a world-renowned company in the field of audiovisual translation, which is why I wish to apply for a job as a trainee in the subtitling and/or dubbing departments of your firm.

As you will see from my enclosed resume, I am currently following a Masters Degree in "Translation, Subtitling and Dubbing" at the University of Nice, France. As a course requirement, I need to do a two-month work placement in a firm from July 2006.

My degree includes working on (working on from the point of view of programming or learning to use???) different subtitling software and on the dubbing software Syncode, using sources such as American and British documentaries, TV-series and films. I am thus able to master various tools of prior importance in the field of audiovisual translation (doesn't make much sense.... keep it simple... don't baffle with wordiness).

I have recently spent a semester at Oxford Brookes University, (which they will no doubt never have heard of ... I am a graduate of OBU); consequently I have further developed my skills in foreign languages and my ability to adapt myself to new environments.

I am also flexible, enthusiastic and hard-working, and I have good communication and organization skills which enable me to work in a team efficiently.

As such, I feel I have the qualifications and ability to work as a trainee in your firm and I think you will agree that my skills will make a valuable contribution to your team.

I am available to provide any further information you might need at emeline.perego@laposte.net.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

I would perhaps briefly tell them what you can bring to the company that noone else can and how your particular skills are of benefit to them. They don't want to know how they can benefit you.

Hope this helps.... all the best

Richard Creech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:36
French to English
+ ...
ca va bien Jan 24, 2006

bonne chance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lettre de motivation/Application letters

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs