CDenisot
CDenisot
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:30
English to French
+ ...
Feb 22, 2007

Hello

One of my client has asked me if I knew what the requirements were to register with the French Embassy and hence to be on their list of approuved French Translators. Does anyone knows? Thanks for your help!

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 21:30
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
In Croatia Feb 22, 2007

I don't know if the same policy is applied in all countries, but in Croatia, for instance, the only requirement to be registered with the French Embassy is to go there and provide evidence that you are a Certified Court Interpreter and to affix your official seal on the application form.

Carole Paquis
Carole Paquis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
English to French
Embassy or Consulate ? Feb 22, 2007

When I first wanted to be registered with 'the French authorities' in the UK, I got in touch with the Embassy : they told me to contact the Consulate because the Embassy did not have a list of approved translators...
I am now registered with the Consulate in London.

[Modifié le 2007-02-22 18:52]

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Je pense que ... Feb 22, 2007

... c'est pas compliqué de demander à l'ambassade ce qu'il faut faire pour en devenir traducteur et si plus si affinités ?

OM

CDenisot
CDenisot
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:30
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Feb 22, 2007

Il est cependant difficile de joindre quiconque à l'Ambassade à Londres quand on a besoin d'un renseignement et j'ai donc pensé que j'obtiendrais plus rapidement ce renseignement auprès de collègues sur Proz!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French Embassy Registered Translators

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »