Mobile menu

Intensive French Courses in France
Thread poster: picko924
Local time: 00:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2007

I am looking for good value for money, intensive French courses in France over the summer for 2-4 weeks. I have advanced level French after 7 years of study but haven't practiced for a while and would like to spend some time there over the summer practicing the language 24 hours a day. If anyone can recommend a reputable school/quality courses with accomodation pre-arranged I would be very grateful.

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxEmmanuelleAn  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:37
English to French
+ ...
Good language school in Bordeaux Jul 1, 2007

Bordeaux Language Studies is a good language school. I used to work for them as a French (as a foreign language) teacher for 5 years in the summer. They arrange accomodation, activities in the region etc... and there's a very good atmosphere among the students. You just have to go down to Bordeaux! Here's the link to their website:

Good luck!

nordiste  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:37
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Alliance française Jul 1, 2007

They have a reputation for quality ... but at a price.
I used to work for them too (French as a foreign language) but it was a long time ago and not in France.
Their school in France is in Paris, and they offer assistance to find accomodation.

They have schools in many countries, it could be a good alternative to go in Bruxelles - also a French speaking area - here is the link

[Edited at 2007-07-01 09:39]

KLaQuadra  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:37
French to English
ELFCA in Hyères, France Jul 1, 2007

Lovely, friendly school with very good teachers. Charming town of 50,000 just off the Mediterranean. They will find you accommodations with a local family for maximum practice. Very reasonably priced.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Intensive French Courses in France

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs