Mobile menu

convert a ttx file to its original format or a ttx file without tags
Thread poster: eva_Torreira
Local time: 09:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2008

Hello everybody,

I have to translate two manual chapters and as reference material I have received the other chapters pre-translated as ttx files.
It would be very hepful if I could convert them to the target source as ttx or any other format, so there wouldn't be any information about tags and segments, that is, to convert it in an easy readable file.
I have tried to clean the ttx file using workbench and the save target as option in tag editor, but I still get all the annoying tag and segment information.

Thank you very much for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Copy to Word Apr 25, 2008

Select all and copy to Word. Then you can search and remove all grey and red texts. The red tags I usually replace with one space, otherwise it could mess things up.
I don't know any other way.
Perhaps you should post in SDL Trados forum to get more answers.

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TagEditor plugin Apr 25, 2008

There is a little known function of TagEditor - TradosTag Viewer Plugin. You have to activate it in the Tools/Plugins dialog and set its properties (I suppose HTML or Table View would be appropriate).

When you do that, click on the Preview tab at the bottom of the screen and your ttx file will be saved and previewed as HTML - without the tags (if you turn them off) and in a much more readable form.

The plugin uses predefined templates, but if you know how to handle CSS, you can output the file in any form you desire.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

convert a ttx file to its original format or a ttx file without tags

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs