convert a ttx file to its original format or a ttx file without tags
Thread poster: eva_Torreira
eva_Torreira
Local time: 13:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2008

Hello everybody,

I have to translate two manual chapters and as reference material I have received the other chapters pre-translated as ttx files.
It would be very hepful if I could convert them to the target source as ttx or any other format, so there wouldn't be any information about tags and segments, that is, to convert it in an easy readable file.
I have tried to clean the ttx file using workbench and the save target as option in tag editor, but I still get all the annoying tag and segment information.

Thank you very much for your help

Eva

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:09
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Copy to Word Apr 25, 2008

Select all and copy to Word. Then you can search and remove all grey and red texts. The red tags I usually replace with one space, otherwise it could mess things up.
I don't know any other way.
Perhaps you should post in SDL Trados forum to get more answers.
Regards
Heinrich

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:09
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TagEditor plugin Apr 25, 2008

There is a little known function of TagEditor - TradosTag Viewer Plugin. You have to activate it in the Tools/Plugins dialog and set its properties (I suppose HTML or Table View would be appropriate).

When you do that, click on the Preview tab at the bottom of the screen and your ttx file will be saved and previewed as HTML - without the tags (if you turn them off) and in a much more readable form.

The plugin uses predefined templates, but if you know how to handle CSS, you can output the file in any form you desire.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

convert a ttx file to its original format or a ttx file without tags

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs