Mobile menu

Trados - first line is never copied
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 00:33
German to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2003

I have a strange problem with Trados and would like to see if anyone else has had the same experience. I\'ve already spoken to the Trados hotline and it is not a known complaint.

I have Trados set up so that the source text is copied into the target translation field where no match is found (in my German version this is called: \"Ausgangstext kopieren, falls kein Match\"). However, in the case of the first translation unit in each file, the text is never copied, regardless of whether it is a match or not.

If it is a match, I can see the translation in the workbench and the number indicating the match (100, 80 etc.), but the target translation field remains blank. From the second line on, everything is fine. This isn\'t a major problem, but is a constant source of irritation. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I\'d love to hear them. Thanks, Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you tried TW_users? Apr 22, 2003

Hi Ian,

Never seen that one before - have you searched the archives of the TW_users group?

Good luck, Ralf

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
It happens also to me! Apr 22, 2003

But so far I have not found any solution

sabina

xxxIanW
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone else out there Apr 22, 2003

Thanks Sabina - I\'ll let you know if I find anything out by any other sources. Anyone else out there with the same problem?

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:33
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You have to open the first translation using (+downwards arrow Apr 22, 2003

The same happened to me, until I realized that I have to open the first translation unit using not the parenthese (, but the parentese with the downwards arrow, (| which is the second icon at the toolbar.

I don\'t know how to represent that icon here.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - first line is never copied

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs