Trados - first line is never copied
Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 00:22
German to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2003

I have a strange problem with Trados and would like to see if anyone else has had the same experience. I\'ve already spoken to the Trados hotline and it is not a known complaint.

I have Trados set up so that the source text is copied into the target translation field where no match is found (in my German version this is called: \"Ausgangstext kopieren, falls kein Match\"). However, in the case of the first translation unit in each file, the text is never copied, regardless o
... See more
I have a strange problem with Trados and would like to see if anyone else has had the same experience. I\'ve already spoken to the Trados hotline and it is not a known complaint.

I have Trados set up so that the source text is copied into the target translation field where no match is found (in my German version this is called: \"Ausgangstext kopieren, falls kein Match\"). However, in the case of the first translation unit in each file, the text is never copied, regardless of whether it is a match or not.

If it is a match, I can see the translation in the workbench and the number indicating the match (100, 80 etc.), but the target translation field remains blank. From the second line on, everything is fine. This isn\'t a major problem, but is a constant source of irritation. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I\'d love to hear them. Thanks, Ian
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you tried TW_users? Apr 22, 2003

Hi Ian,

Never seen that one before - have you searched the archives of the TW_users group?

Good luck, Ralf

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
It happens also to me! Apr 22, 2003

But so far I have not found any solution

sabina

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone else out there Apr 22, 2003

Thanks Sabina - I\'ll let you know if I find anything out by any other sources. Anyone else out there with the same problem?

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:22
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You have to open the first translation using (+downwards arrow Apr 22, 2003

The same happened to me, until I realized that I have to open the first translation unit using not the parenthese (, but the parentese with the downwards arrow, (| which is the second icon at the toolbar.

I don\'t know how to represent that icon here.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - first line is never copied

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »