https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/10773-experiences_with_trados_60_freelance.html

Experiences with TRADOS 6.0 Freelance?
Thread poster: Todd Field
Todd Field
Todd Field  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:02
Portuguese to English
May 6, 2003

Dear Colleagues,

We are considering upgrading from TRADOS 5.5 to TRADOS 6.0 (Freelance).

For those who have done this, how did it go? What do you think of the new version?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Todd and Monica

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:02
English to German
+ ...
Don't expect a quick answer... May 6, 2003

...AFAIK the first copies of the new version will be shipped in mid-May.

Best regards, Ralf

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:02
French to English
LSP Power package May 6, 2003

Quote:

Monica

I have been using Version 6, but the LSP Power package, since Friday and find there are a number of very good improvements, such as more options with settings/filters, ability to delete multiple units at once and others, but the main improvement I have seen so far is in WinAlign.

I can\'... See more
Quote:

Monica

I have been using Version 6, but the LSP Power package, since Friday and find there are a number of very good improvements, such as more options with settings/filters, ability to delete multiple units at once and others, but the main improvement I have seen so far is in WinAlign.

I can\'t tell you more than this because I really haven\'t had time to check more.

I will start work on a huge Web site this week so I will have more experience with TagEditor, but by then, the Freelance package may be shipping.

FWIW,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experiences with TRADOS 6.0 Freelance?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »