Mobile menu

Locking the content of slides in a Powerpoint presentation: Help!!
Thread poster: sylv333
Local time: 17:42
English to French
+ ...
May 15, 2003

I hope somebody can help me!

I work for an international educational organization and we want to put some Powerpoint presentations on our web site for our workshop leaders. We want them to be able to pick and choose the slides they want to create their own presentation, but we would like to prevent them from changing the content of the slides. Is there a way of locking each individual slides so that the content can not be touched without preventing them from manipulating the slides themselves (order and all)?

I hope that makes sense and that someone has an answer out there!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try asking at May 16, 2003

Hi Sylvie

Maybe they can help you at

HRiley  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Use security option to password-protect May 16, 2003

Go to Tools > Options > Security, and then to the field marked \"password for modification\" (or something like that - my version of PowerPoint is in French). You can enter a password that will be requested if anyone tries to edit the slides.

Just one point though, I\'m not sure if this option is available on all versions of Powerpoint, or just more recent ones.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Locking the content of slides in a Powerpoint presentation: Help!!

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs