Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:26
Member (2003)
German to French
May 21, 2003

Hello,

I just received a mail from \"[email protected]\" subject \"Re:Approved (Ref. 3394-65467)\", with an attached file \"screen_temp.pif\". Norton Antivirus did\'nt \"say\" anything, but I made the update for virus definitions and it then \"told\" me it is a virus.

Have a nice day!

Sylvain

Matthew Coulson
Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
More info about this mass-mailing worm May 21, 2003

Thank you Sylvain. For more information, see http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=10000265

Matt

Marina Zinno
Marina Zinno  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
for sure! May 21, 2003

here is what my company says about it:

Users may have received unexpected e-mails from [email protected] with various subjects and attachments. This e-mail belongs to an e-mail worm called W32.HLLW.Mankxmm. The W32.HLLW.Mankx@mm worm, also known as W32.Sobig.B@mm and W32/PalyhMM was accessed to medium risk by t
... See more
here is what my company says about it:

Users may have received unexpected e-mails from [email protected] with various subjects and attachments. This e-mail belongs to an e-mail worm called W32.HLLW.Mankxmm. The W32.HLLW.Mankx@mm worm, also known as W32.Sobig.B@mm and W32/PalyhMM was accessed to medium risk by the major anti virus companies.
Collapse

Henrique Magalhaes
Henrique Magalhaes  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks a lot for warning the community. May 21, 2003

2003-05-21 14:21 sylvainl wrote:

Hello,

I just received a mail from \"[email protected]\" subject \"Re:Approved (Ref. 3394-65467)\", with an attached file \"screen_temp.pif\". Norton Antivirus did\'nt \"say\" anything, but I made the update for virus definitions and it then \"told\" me it is a virus.

Have a nice day!

Sylvain

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 03:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Virus May 21, 2003

I also received a similar warning as Marina did from my internet provider. So guys be aware!

Saludos,

Dinorah

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Removal May 23, 2003

If you think that your system can be infected:

F-Secure has created a special removal tool to remove the active Palyh infection and all its traces. The tool is available from

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-sobig.zip

I recommend the use of for instance Mailwasher/Mailwasher Pro to read mail at server level before choosing whic
... See more
If you think that your system can be infected:

F-Secure has created a special removal tool to remove the active Palyh infection and all its traces. The tool is available from

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-sobig.zip

I recommend the use of for instance Mailwasher/Mailwasher Pro to read mail at server level before choosing which ones to download. Mailwasher is free, and can be found here: http://www.mailwasher.net/

Collapse

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
virus alert Nov 7, 2003

this is an old topic but today I received an email from "[email protected]" and the subject was "jobs at proz.com". The attachment ended in mp3.scr and was a virus.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Usual MO Nov 7, 2003

Hi David,
David Green wrote:

this is an old topic but today I received an email from "[email protected]" and the subject was "jobs at proz.com". The attachment ended in mp3.scr and was a virus.

Most recent e-mail worms use random combinations of sender, recipient and reference line.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virus alert \"[email protected]\"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »