Mobile menu

How to insert special characters?
Thread poster: Kajuco
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:03
Russian to English
+ ...
May 22, 2003

Can anyone help me to write two symbols, which are in the hard-copy source text:

a) a circle with a plus-sign in it in the form of a vertical and a horizontal diameter

b) a circle with a wide capital H in it (could be a minus-sign with serifs at either end)

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

GertV  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:03
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Insert - Symbol - Font - "symbol" May 22, 2003

Hello Katie,

I work with Office XP and in my Word version, I find the symbols you are looking for under:

\"Insert - Symbol\"

You then have to choose the font, and (if possible) you select the \"Symbol\" font. The two symbols you\'re referring to can be found there.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert special characters?

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs