Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

The toolbar with the page number in MS Word has disappeared
Thread poster: Marcelle Bethancourt

Marcelle Bethancourt  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sep 18, 2008

I have MS Word 2003; the toolbar at the bottom of the screen with the page number, section, line, column, language, etc. has disappeared and the screen does not scroll down automatically. What can I do?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andres & Leticia Enjuto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check Options menu Sep 18, 2008

Hello Marcelle,

Go to Tools, Options. Under the field "Show" there are several options, make sure "Status bar" and "Vertical bar" (or something like that, I have the Spanish version) are marked.

Hope this helps.

Andrés


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
try this: Sep 18, 2008

Go to Tools ---> options. Click on the "view tab" and make sure there's a tick next to "status bar".

That should bring up the page number, etc. again. Not sure about the 'scrolling' problem, maybe that will be solved too.

HTH,

jp.

[edit: whoops, we both hit reply at the same time, methinks!]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 23:41]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:55
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Full page or variable-size window? Sep 19, 2008

I usually have Word set to variable-size window (single box in upper right corner) expanded out to cover the full screen, but in this setting I cannot see the bottom bar with page nos. etc. If I switch to full page (double box), I can see them.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marcelle Bethancourt  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Status bar Sep 22, 2008

Hello Andrés,

Thank you for your timely and helpful answer.

Marcelle

Andres & Leticia Enjuto wrote:

Hello Marcelle,

Go to Tools, Options. Under the field "Show" there are several options, make sure "Status bar" and "Vertical bar" (or something like that, I have the Spanish version) are marked.

Hope this helps.

Andrés



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marcelle Bethancourt  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Status bar Sep 22, 2008

Hello John Paul:

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

Marcelle

John Paul Weir wrote:

Go to Tools ---> options. Click on the "view tab" and make sure there's a tick next to "status bar".

That should bring up the page number, etc. again. Not sure about the 'scrolling' problem, maybe that will be solved too.

HTH,

jp.

[edit: whoops, we both hit reply at the same time, methinks!]

[Edited at 2008-09-18 23:41]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marcelle Bethancourt  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Status bar Sep 22, 2008

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your help.

Marcelle

Jack Doughty wrote:

I usually have Word set to variable-size window (single box in upper right corner) expanded out to cover the full screen, but in this setting I cannot see the bottom bar with page nos. etc. If I switch to full page (double box), I can see them.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The toolbar with the page number in MS Word has disappeared

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums