Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2003

Hello all,

I am switching email clients to Pegasus Mail, and I have set up different identities to go with each of my email addresses. As indicated, I chose the desired identity before creating a new message, which I sent to myself as a test. For some reason the "from" field always displays my main email address, regardless of what identity I selected.

I can't figure out what it is I am overlooking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Susana

[Edited at 2003-06-07 00:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not sure Jun 7, 2003

Hello,

I think you should go to "Options", I think, "Preferences and Settings", Then to "Outgoing mail"--> Sending mail. There is a "Default "reply-to" address" which may be where you should put the different addresses, I guess.

However, I am not sure, because I just have my one identity).

Good luck,

Mar

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
You have to choose 'multiple users' at installation Jun 9, 2003

I chose 'one user' when I installed it first, and had the same problem. What I did, was, that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. When you choose between one user, multiple users, and whatever the third option was -- choose multiple users if your are going to use several email addresses.

Beyond this, I can't help you much. I just got the program up and running myself..

Good luck and I hope I made sense.

Nina

[Edited at 2003-06-09 02:39]

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did choose multiple users, but... Jun 9, 2003

Nina Olds wrote:

I chose 'one user' when I installed it first, and had the same problem. What I did, was, that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. When you choose between one user, multiple users, and whatever the third option was -- choose multiple users if your are going to use several email addresses.

Beyond this, I can't help you much. I just got the program up and running myself..

Good luck and I hope I made sense.

Nina

It would seem you have to log on to every different address every time you wish to send a message from that specific address, i.e. you can't just stay in one place and choose your "from:" field address like you do in Outlook Express.

Am I overlooking something?

Any Pegasus die-hards reading this?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need help setting up multiple email accounts with Pegasus Mail

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs