Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2003

Hello all,

I am switching email clients to Pegasus Mail, and I have set up different identities to go with each of my email addresses. As indicated, I chose the desired identity before creating a new message, which I sent to myself as a test. For some reason the "from" field always displays my main email address, regardless of what identity I selected.

I can't figure out what it is I am overlooking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

... See more
Hello all,

I am switching email clients to Pegasus Mail, and I have set up different identities to go with each of my email addresses. As indicated, I chose the desired identity before creating a new message, which I sent to myself as a test. For some reason the "from" field always displays my main email address, regardless of what identity I selected.

I can't figure out what it is I am overlooking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Susana

[Edited at 2003-06-07 00:27]
Collapse

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not sure Jun 7, 2003

Hello,

I think you should go to "Options", I think, "Preferences and Settings", Then to "Outgoing mail"--> Sending mail. There is a "Default "reply-to" address" which may be where you should put the different addresses, I guess.

However, I am not sure, because I just have my one identity).

Good luck,

Mar

Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
English to Swedish
+ ...
You have to choose 'multiple users' at installation Jun 9, 2003

I chose 'one user' when I installed it first, and had the same problem. What I did, was, that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. When you choose between one user, multiple users, and whatever the third option was -- choose multiple users if your are going to use several email addresses.

Beyond this, I can't help you much. I just got the program up and running myself..

Good luck and I hope I made sense.

Nina

[Edited at 2003-06-09 02:
... See more
I chose 'one user' when I installed it first, and had the same problem. What I did, was, that I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. When you choose between one user, multiple users, and whatever the third option was -- choose multiple users if your are going to use several email addresses.

Beyond this, I can't help you much. I just got the program up and running myself..

Nina

[Edited at 2003-06-09 02:39]
Collapse

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did choose multiple users, but... Jun 9, 2003

Nina Olds wrote:

Nina

It would seem you have to log on to every different address every time you wish to send a message from that specific address, i.e. you can't just stay in one place and choose your "from:" field address like you do in Outlook Express.

Am I overlooking something?

Any Pegasus die-hards reading this?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need help setting up multiple email accounts with Pegasus Mail

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »